Should I buy? 2016 CX 5 Sport 92k miles.

Jon D

I'm going to look at a 2016 CX-5 Sport AWD w 2.5 L in a couple days.

It has 92k miles on it.
One owner personal vehicle.
Has been in to Mazda dealer every 4-6k miles for "regular maintainence" per Carfax.
No accidents.

Looking at this car for my 16 yo twins.

What concerns should I have in view of the mileage?

Thanks- this is my first forum post.

Jon D

At 92K miles I hadn't really had an real issues.

I would inspect:

-Belts
-Tensioner pulley
-Valve cover gasket
-Obviously test-drive it and make sure everything functions properly
-brake pads (for wear) and rotors (for warp)

My 2015 "died" due to a fuel system problem (I traded it in when it had a failure because to be honest, I never really liked it, and that was a great excuse...why waste money on something I no-longer wanted?)

For your kids, this is a helluva first vehicle. I dunno what kind of kids you have, but they are probably all about a sports car, etc. Maybe. I know I was, but let me give them some advice from someone who got a Trans Am at 17, a Mustang GT at 19, a WS.6 LS1 Trans Am at 22, a Z06 Corvette at 25, and a 370Z at 28...

Brother(Sister)...this vehicle your Dad (Jon D...presume you're "Dad")...is getting you guys...it will do EVERYTHING you need to do, up to and through college, and if you're so inclined, start your family off. Keep it until it's a total basket case. Spend money on a house instead. Dad is giving you a killer spring-board into life, here, even if it does "seem" like a cutesy little SUV with minimal amenities...it works, and it will get it done! Spend the money on appreciating assets.

^^^

I wish I would have listened to that. I far from screwed myself, but seriously, I'd love to have a paid off 2016 Sport, even if it isn't what I "want" ultimately.

At 92K miles I hadn't really had an real issues.

I would inspect:

-Belts
-Tensioner pulley
-Valve cover gasket
-Obviously test-drive it and make sure everything functions properly
-brake pads (for wear) and rotors (for warp)

My 2015 "died" due to a fuel system problem (I traded it in when it had a failure because to be honest, I never really liked it, and that was a great excuse...why waste money on something I no-longer wanted?)

For your kids, this is a helluva first vehicle. I dunno what kind of kids you have, but they are probably all about a sports car, etc. Maybe. I know I was, but let me give them some advice from someone who got a Trans Am at 17, a Mustang GT at 19, a WS.6 LS1 Trans Am at 22, a Z06 Corvette at 25, and a 370Z at 28...

Brother(Sister)...this vehicle your Dad (Jon D...presume you're "Dad")...is getting you guys...it will do EVERYTHING you need to do, up to and through college, and if you're so inclined, start your family off. Keep it until it's a total basket case. Spend money on a house instead. Dad is giving you a killer spring-board into life, here, even if it does "seem" like a cutesy little SUV with minimal amenities...it works, and it will get it done! Spend the money on appreciating assets.

Thanks for taking a minute to share some advice. Going to test drive Saturday. Taking a cashier check along.

JD

Back