Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Install Mazda Toolbox

2019 CX-5 GT

Can't Install Mazda Toolbox

Have Windows 10, fully updated. Cannot install Mazda Toolbox. Keep getting the following error message attached. Any suggestions as to what's going on. I am trying to install signed in as Administrator.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

cx5 gt +pp 2018

some protection feature of Win10 probably.
    see to disable it. google.

2019 CX-5 GT

That would make sense but I've had a lot of experience with Windows and have checked everything I know to check (security / event logs, antivirus, antimalware, etc., etc. I have been unable to find anything that indicates the mazda install program is being or has been blocked. Also, I don't have any unusual apps or settings - pretty plain vanilla. Strange that I can't find anybody with a similar problem. I hesitate removing all protections until I understand why this is occurring.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

I just tried to start my old version, it reported a new version available, I downloaded it and got the same message that you did.
    I suspect something is wrong with the app's certificate, and it won't install until that's fixed by Mazda or their software subcontractor. Don't bother fighting with it.
    Now the old version won't load either.
    No great loss IIR. The only time I looked at it was when I installed it.

2019 CX-5 GT

Thanks. Glad to know it's not just me that's having the problem. I had the previous version installed also and, same as you, problem occurred when I tried to update.

Just tried it, too. Same error. Even "Right click > Run as Admin" didn't work. It didn't even prompt for credentials as I am at work and actually have an admin account.
    It's broke.

Let them know:
    http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.c...language=en-US
    Last edited by 7eregrine; 03-15-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Thank you for contacting Mazda Hands-free email Support.

We understand from your email that the*Mazda Toolbox software is broken. We understand the importance of the issue.

It's a known issue and our navigation team is working on it*and this would be fixed in a couple of weeks.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

99 little bugs in the code
    99 little buuuuuuggggsss
    Take one down, patch it around
    117 little bugs in the code
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 79k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

2019 CX-5 GT

An update. The person I contacted has determined that it's my problem and that I am apparently trying to install the update without using Administrative rights! This despite the fact I told them that I am installing the software as an administrator with full administrative rights and despite the fact I told them others are having the same problem. I even included a link and suggested they look at this thread (which they obviously have failed to do). Apparently, they don't read the emails I sent or don't believe I know what I'm talking about.

Registered Member

2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto

How strange. I've clicked on Mazda Toolbox and it just opened without any update prompts. Not that it should make any difference, I'm in the UK. My version is 4.4.2002117008.
    The internet is a huge dumpster, you have to search hard to find the gold nuggets

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature (previously 2016 CX-5 GT)

I had the exact same problem over the weekend with a fully updated Windows 10 computer where my user rights are Administrator. Found a solution that worked: run the Command Prompt (CMD) with Run as Administrator privileges (right click to see those options), and then navigate in the CMD to the Toolbox setup executable and run it there. Installed perfectly after that point. I suspect there's something going on with the security certificate in the latest Toolbox setup files where Win 10 sees it as a threat, but no actual security issue.

2019 CX-5 GT

Following is an excerpt from an email I received from Mazda.

". . . received a response from our IT department, and it appears to be a certificate issue, so it is recommended you delete the Mazda Toolbox, and download it again after March 21st."

Will wait until the 22nd and try again. If it doesn't work at that time, will take approach suggested using Command Prompt.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomel51 View Post

". . . received a response from our IT department, and it appears to be a certificate issue, so it is recommended you delete the Mazda Toolbox, and download it again after March 21st."
    Glad they admitted it. Let us know if the assumed corrected version after today fixes the install issue for you. Technically, it is just sloppy work, but shouldn't really be an actual security problem when software is coming from a reputable source (whatever THAT might mean these days)....

2019 CX-5 GT

It's now 3/22 . . . I just downloaded from the following web site and tried to install:

https://mazda.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads

Same error message. Is there another download site I should be using? Or have they simply still not fixed the problem?

Registered Member

Since that's the official site, I'd assume they didn't update it yet in spite of what they told you. If critical timewise to update, you could go ahead and use the method I found that works. Otherwise, it will just be a waiting & testing game, unfortunately. If it helps ease your mind at all, I scanned the executable file before installing with my Norton Virus scan and it found no issues, and I also used it after install to update my maps on the SD car and that also worked without a hitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast