Can't Install Mazda Toolbox

Tomel51

:
2019 CX-5 GT
Have Windows 10, fully updated. Cannot install Mazda Toolbox. Keep getting the following error message attached. Any suggestions as to what's going on. I am trying to install signed in as Administrator.

Attachments

• Error Message.jpg
    Error Message.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 589
That would make sense but I've had a lot of experience with Windows and have checked everything I know to check (security / event logs, antivirus, antimalware, etc., etc. I have been unable to find anything that indicates the mazda install program is being or has been blocked. Also, I don't have any unusual apps or settings - pretty plain vanilla. Strange that I can't find anybody with a similar problem. I hesitate removing all protections until I understand why this is occurring.

I just tried to start my old version, it reported a new version available, I downloaded it and got the same message that you did.
I suspect something is wrong with the app's certificate, and it won't install until that's fixed by Mazda or their software subcontractor. Don't bother fighting with it.
Now the old version won't load either.
No great loss IIR. The only time I looked at it was when I installed it.

Thanks. Glad to know it's not just me that's having the problem. I had the previous version installed also and, same as you, problem occurred when I tried to update.

Thank you for contacting Mazda Hands-free email Support.

We understand from your email that the*Mazda Toolbox software is broken. We understand the importance of the issue.

It's a known issue and our navigation team is working on it*and this would be fixed in a couple of weeks.

99 little bugs in the code
99 little buuuuuuggggsss
Take one down, patch it around
117 little bugs in the code

An update. The person I contacted has determined that it's my problem and that I am apparently trying to install the update without using Administrative rights! This despite the fact I told them that I am installing the software as an administrator with full administrative rights and despite the fact I told them others are having the same problem. I even included a link and suggested they look at this thread (which they obviously have failed to do). Apparently, they don't read the emails I sent or don't believe I know what I'm talking about.

How strange. I've clicked on Mazda Toolbox and it just opened without any update prompts. Not that it should make any difference, I'm in the UK. My version is 4.4.2002117008.

I had the exact same problem over the weekend with a fully updated Windows 10 computer where my user rights are Administrator. Found a solution that worked: run the Command Prompt (CMD) with Run as Administrator privileges (right click to see those options), and then navigate in the CMD to the Toolbox setup executable and run it there. Installed perfectly after that point. I suspect there's something going on with the security certificate in the latest Toolbox setup files where Win 10 sees it as a threat, but no actual security issue.

Following is an excerpt from an email I received from Mazda.

". . . received a response from our IT department, and it appears to be a certificate issue, so it is recommended you delete the Mazda Toolbox, and download it again after March 21st."

Will wait until the 22nd and try again. If it doesn't work at that time, will take approach suggested using Command Prompt.

". . . received a response from our IT department, and it appears to be a certificate issue, so it is recommended you delete the Mazda Toolbox, and download it again after March 21st."

Glad they admitted it. Let us know if the assumed corrected version after today fixes the install issue for you. Technically, it is just sloppy work, but shouldn't really be an actual security problem when software is coming from a reputable source (whatever THAT might mean these days)....

Since that's the official site, I'd assume they didn't update it yet in spite of what they told you. If critical timewise to update, you could go ahead and use the method I found that works. Otherwise, it will just be a waiting & testing game, unfortunately. If it helps ease your mind at all, I scanned the executable file before installing with my Norton Virus scan and it found no issues, and I also used it after install to update my maps on the SD car and that also worked without a hitch.

Thanks. I let my contact know that it still didn't install. He checked with their IT department. They advised him they had run into another problem and would not have it fixed until sometime next week. My contact said he'd take the initiative to contact me once it's working.

By the way, noticed Broward in your profile. My wife grew up in Miami and I worked in Miami for 10 years in late 70's, early 80's.

By the way, noticed Broward in your profile. My wife grew up in Miami and I worked in Miami for 10 years in late 70's, early 80's.

Oh, those were the crazy years of Miami! ;) I've lived here 11 years, previously NJ, but even before was often down here over the years as a good college friend lived in Pembroke Pines since the early 90's.

Just got notice the Toolbox app was fixed. Downloaded and installed with no problems.

RLCarrington - Agree. Loved it initially when I got there in mid 70's. However, by the time I left it was getting crazy and I was glad to get back to my original home state of VA. Also, glad to be out of there when Hurricane Andrew hit. Had a number of friends who told me their horror stories (All night with wife and two kids in the bathtub in Coconut Grove home).

Just got notice the Toolbox app was fixed. Downloaded and installed with no problems.

RLCarrington - Agree. Loved it initially when I got there in mid 70's. However, by the time I left it was getting crazy and I was glad to get back to my original home state of VA. Also, glad to be out of there when Hurricane Andrew hit. Had a number of friends who told me their horror stories (All night with wife and two kids in the bathtub in Coconut Grove home).

Glad the ToolBox issue was resolved by Mazda's software developers!

I missed Wilma here but was already house hunting immediately afterwards (it was a work relo), and the amount of damage was staggering. However, it wasn't as bad as it could have been as Andrew caused a lot of building and related codes to be significantly upgraded. At least all the people who lost their property and even their lives in Andrew didn't do so completely in vain.

I know this is a 2 year old thread, but I've just run smack into the same issue. Same error message, and everything. On TWO machines.

Using a fresh download on laptops that've never even seen the app before, so a corrupted older version is off the table, also. Sadly, I can't find an older version to try on the Mazda site.

I'm running Windows 10 HP, I am an administrator, and I have also tried "run as admininstrator". Every attempt gives the same error message as in the OP.

This is a fresh laptop (about a month old) and it wasn't an issue on an earlier laptop (also Windows 10), nor my wife's (also Windows 10). Suddenly, it's a problem on both hers and mine!

Did it ever get fixed properly or am I simply out of business when it comes to using the toolkit?

Back