How many miles are you getting with 1 tank of gas?

:
CX5
I'm hitting about 370 miles and just wondering if that's what most people are getting. Driving a AWD 2019 Touring no turbo.

That's about right... considering the gas tank is on the small side... my mixed driving mpg is right at 25 mpg

I'm hitting about 370 miles and just wondering if that's what most people are getting. Driving a AWD 2019 Touring no turbo.

I got 320, with 40 miles to E predicted. 26.0mpg average. 2019 GT-R. Normal daily commute. 91 octane, ethanol free.

Just over 31 on a highway only trip. About 7.5 litres per hundred Canadian. This was going - bit at 90 km and most at 100km the whole time, no passing etc I was trying to see how good it would do. was about -15 Celsius. I think In the summer it will do even better? Who knows.
I think it was almost ran dry lol oops. But on average Town driving not trying to get good mpg I*m about 520 Km*s so around 340-360 give or take.

Just over 31 on a highway only trip. About 7.5 litres per hundred Canadian. This was going - bit at 90 km and most at 100km the whole time, no passing etc I was trying to see how good it would do. was about -15 Celsius. I think In the summer it will do even better? Who knows.
I think it was almost ran dry lol oops. But on average Town driving not trying to get good mpg I*m about 520 Km*s so around 340-360 give or take.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. I thought you meant doing 70-80. I was about to be jealous, lol!

Just passed 10k miles. Had my car serviced last Friday. I filled up Monday this week and it was at 358 miles when the light went on about 2 miles before I reached my regular Exxon station this morning.

I'm getting about 310. Its winter up here and cold. Lots of burning fuel in the morning and my wife only drives about 5kms to work. We blast it on the highway every few days. My dealer/mechanic keep asking me how the fuel mileage is. ARe they trying to tell me something.

On a trip to Orlando back in late 2016, I filled up our 2014 2.5L after going 375 miles, and put 11.942 gallons into the tank, so 31.4 mpg with 100% 70 mph+ highway driving. I think that's the best we've done since we got the car in August 2016. Usually it's more like ~24 MPG when school is in session because my wife sits in the car pickup line at my son's school for an hour with the engine idling every day. (rolleyes)

We've never gotten more than ~250 miles out of a tank. Our mpg average is around 16. It all driving habits and weather related, though.

We've never gotten more than ~250 miles out of a tank. Our mpg average is around 16. It all driving habits and weather related, though.

Your brakes might be dragging. It is almost impossible to get 16mpg. Maybe if you let it idle for a long time to warm up and then only drive a couple of miles I suppose it could be as low as 16mpg. Or, maybe your intake valves are carboned up, if it is an older car.

Your brakes might be dragging. It is almost impossible to get 16mpg. Maybe if you let it idle for a long time to warm up and then only drive a couple of miles I suppose it could be as low as 16mpg. Or, maybe your intake valves are carboned up, if it is an older car.

Car has less than 1k miles on it. It does sit and idle a lot. The vehicle it replaced, a 2010 CR-V, was averaging about the same. I'm not complaining, it's what I expect for the commuting we've been doing. I'm looking forward to taking it on a 300 mile round trip in a couple weeks to see what it can do.

Oh, and my 2013 ES350 is currently averaging a little over 13mpg's. When I used to drive it 50 miles per day, it was averaging ~27mpg's. On the highway it gets around 31.

Last edited:
445 m to reserve light / 536 m to empty. In theory . Everyday driving . Longer if highway miles.
2.2 turbo diesel.

Just did a 200 km trip going 60mph didnt hand calculate yet but computer said the equivalent of 34 mpg straight highway. And this was a bit of hilly terrain. First time with summer gas and summer tires.

Just did a 200 km trip going 60mph didn*t hand calculate yet but computer said the equivalent of 34 mpg straight highway. And this was a bit of hilly terrain. First time with summer gas and summer tires.

So that's about 6.9 L/100 compared to your 7.5 in winter (assuming US gallons). Not bad! lol it's weird for us 'muricans having a lower number is better for the L/100km unit of fuel economy. Conversely your 7.5 L in winter was about 31 US MPG.

So that's about 6.9 L/100 compared to your 7.5 in winter (assuming US gallons). Not bad! lol it's weird for us 'muricans having a lower number is better for the L/100km unit of fuel economy. Conversely your 7.5 L in winter was about 31 US MPG.
Hand calculated was spot on 6.9 same as the computer. Pretty good I think!

Back