Need some help

:
2021 Acura RDX
I had some soda spill on my passenger seat today. I immediately cleaned it, but I'm not sure how to clean the soda that got into the perforated part of the leather. Can anyone recommend a good method? I used some leather cleaner and tried to get in there as best as possible, but it still feels sort of sticky (probably just me.)

How good is our leather at repelling liquids (that might cause damage). Would getting in your car soaking wet cause damage to the leather? (Say from a storm)?

Anyway, I'd like to take care of this asap. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Maybe just try a drop of dishwash soap and warm water to remove the stickiness

I'd strongly avoid dishwash soap. It is made to cut thru grease/oil and will dry out leather.

Use Murphys Oil Soap and a very soft brush if you need some sud action on the perforation.

I'd strongly avoid dishwash soap. It is made to cut thru grease/oil and will dry out leather.

Use Murphys Oil Soap and a very soft brush if you need some sud action on the perforation.
A one time application of dish soap will not harm leather.
Soap + toothbrush. Wipe clean. Repeat with just water 2 X. Done.
Source: I was a carpet / upholstery cleaner.

Always keep in mind that this isn't exactly leather. It's just leather surfaced. This brings backers and bonding agents into the equation.

Back