Rotor and pad source?

I just bought OEM Mazda. Pads, rotors, work was around $600 at the dealership. Got almost 100K out of the factory parts, figured I'd just go with same, again.

I am approaching 100K and the rotors are feeling a little warped. Probably getting thin and a hard stop or downhill drag gave then more heat than they cared for causing a slight warp. Not dragging or sticking, already checked that out with IR gun. i am thinking replacement all around is due. I plan to keep til 200K on the clock so may as well do it now. If they warp at 185k so be it. Close to a hooptie at that point or passed to a high school kid so who cares.
My question was if anyone has a known good deal for rotors, pads tossed in a bonus. Not paying 600 for something I can easily do myslef with 3 beers, Pandora and maybe 2 hours free time on a saturday. Pads and rotors for 110 bucks and 2 hours (may as well bleed out old fluid and make it a 3 hour job) few beers and pocket the differance for date night and motorcyle parts.

I'm happy with my cheapo brake kit ($130). I would probably avoid the drilled/slot just because of increase in pad wear. Replace the pad retaining clips (cheap).

RockAuto. Get Akebono pads. Avoid slotted/drilled rotors for daily driver use. They warp too easily.

I'm happy with my cheapo brake kit ($130). I would probably avoid the drilled/slot just because of increase in pad wear. Replace the pad retaining clips (cheap).
And use rubber-friendly silicone grease to lubricate the caliper pins.

Since I always use my own labor, I prefer OEM parts on brake job although theyre more expensive. For Mazda Id get standard brake pads and avoid cheaper OEM value-line pads.

Last edited:
Back