trade in my 2016 CX-5 for a 2019 CX-5 ?

I drove a leased '15 Grand Touring for 3 years. End of lease I considered keeping it as it was a pretty nice car. I moved up from a '91 Mazda B2600i 2WD Cab Plus pickup. I decided to go with the new generation 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring, also leased. Glad I did. My '15 had only 15k miles.

While the '15 was pretty good, the '17 and later were quite improved. Why? The new model is MUCH quieter. The smart cruise control feature is a HUGE improvement over the earlier version. I prefer the LED headlights over the HID headlights. Audio in the '17 is a bit better with the pillar-mounted tweeters. Auto-lift rear hatch is also much appreciated.

Thank you the reply :)
For drives of an hour length or more, what is your experience comparing the driver seat comfort of your previous 2015 versus your current 2017 ?

The latest variant of the CX5 has a more subdued feeling than the 2016 but that is because it is more capable than the 2016. A raft of improvements means it does things better as you would hope. It also has G Vectoring which improves the handling especially through bends. Its simply more refined and that suites those looking for something equivalent to the German brands. It is very good in that respect but some say it feels less connected which in reality means its done what they wanted it to do while improving safety.

The seat base on a 16 is wider with two very firm upright bolsters at each side. The later models have a narrower base with two wider but softer bolsters. Ive got skinny backside but I dont like bolstered seats and I always feel like Im sitting on something. The nappa leather is slightly softer but it still does the same. Id do away with the leather seats altogether and go for the fabric which are much better if I could despec my car. Im being charged a lump of money for something I dont want.

Sig-cx5, you take away the whole point of a forum if you cant ask somebodys opinion about something. Isnt that why the forum exists? Not only that but you go on to labour the point. Dont get it Im afraid, this is a perfectly valid thread and if you dont want to comment, youre not obliged.

The latest variant of the CX5 has a more subdued feeling than the 2016 but that is because it is more capable than the 2016. A raft of improvements means it does things better as you would hope. It also has G Vectoring which improves the handling especially through bends. It*s simply more refined and that suites those looking for something equivalent to the German brands. It is very good in that respect but some say it feels less connected which in reality means it*s done what they wanted it to do while improving safety.

The seat base on a 16 is wider with two very firm upright bolsters at each side. The later models have a narrower base with two wider but softer bolsters. I*ve got skinny backside but I don*t like bolstered seats and I always feel like I*m sitting on something. The nappa leather is slightly softer but it still does the same. I*d do away with the leather seats altogether and go for the fabric which are much better if I could despec my car. I*m being charged a lump of money for something I don*t want.

Sig-cx5, you take away the whole point of a forum if you can*t ask somebody*s opinion about something. Isn*t that why the forum exists? Not only that but you go on to labour the point. Don*t get it I*m afraid, this is a perfectly valid thread and if you don*t want to comment, you*re not obliged.

The regular cx5, yes. The sig and gtr, they offer a suspension that makes them feel much more in touch whole cabin isolation remains inpressive even compared to euro.

The regular cx5, yes. The sig and gtr, they offer a suspension that makes them feel much more in touch whole cabin isolation remains inpressive even compared to euro.
From what I read, suspension set up、brakes、and tire size are the same between Sig/GTR and GT.

I*ll look on the tech website when I get chance. I know the brakes are bigger on the GT (your signature) but I*m not sure about anything else. There is no doubt that the KF is so well tuned that it gives a much more insulated feel than a KE. Just as we would hope for a further 5 years in development.

I*ve had a little trawl through and I can*t find anything other than brakes. One thing you might find interesting is that the much maligned CD does not exist on the 2.5T. I*ll post something about the differences I can find in a while.

Here is the front brake. Bigger diameter and 2 pistons instead of 1.

Attachments

• Front brake.pdf
    310.4 KB · Views: 322
Here are the lash adjusters for the 2.5 normally aspirated and the turbocharged engines.......

Attachments

• Lash adjuster 2.5T.pdf
    118.8 KB · Views: 344
  • Lash adjuster CD.pdf
    316 KB · Views: 314
Specific to the Signature. Cooled seats and LED display. Sorry, files too big so youll have to settle for front parking sensors!

Attachments

• Front seat cooler.pdf
    697.4 KB · Views: 316
  • Parking sensor.pdf
    530.1 KB · Views: 260
Brake disc, pad and caliper fitting instructions.

Attachments

• Brakes caliper.pdf
    513.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Brakes disc.pdf
    369.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Brakes pads.pdf
    562.8 KB · Views: 376
I*ll look on the tech website when I get chance. I know the brakes are bigger on the GT (your signature) but I*m not sure about anything else. There is no doubt that the KF is so well tuned that it gives a much more insulated feel than a KE. Just as we would hope for a further 5 years in development.
Yes, I was mistaken on brakes. CX-5 Sig/GTR does have bigger front brake, 12.6" vented disc vs. 11.7" on GT. Both have same size on rear with 11.9" solid disc.

MotoManTV's 2.5T first-drive video features Dave Coleman at length. He's Mazda North America chassis engineer and he explains a number of things, including the effect of 87 vs. 92 octane, why the engine is tuned the way it is, and the suspension changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEhkY2Sofmc

Steering geometry was changed slightly (less roll understeer), suspension friction was reduced, and rebound springs were added to the shocks to limit body roll at full suspension compression/extension.

The reviewer says this leads to more stability and composure at speed, and makes the 2.5T feel reasonably similar to a base 2.0T Porsche Macan. He feels that the suspension changes make a bigger impact on the driving experience than the 2.5T itself.

I'm personally waiting for (at least some of) the snow to melt before I drive a GT and Signature back-to-back, but based on the above review--and C&D, whose opinions generally mirror my own--I'm hopeful that the 2.5T is finally sporty enough that I can upgrade from my current Mazda3 without completely compromising on driving experience.

MotoManTV's 2.5T first-drive video features Dave Coleman at length. He's Mazda North America chassis engineer and he explains a number of things, including the effect of 87 vs. 92 octane, why the engine is tuned the way it is, and the suspension changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEhkY2Sofmc

Steering geometry was changed slightly (less roll understeer), suspension friction was reduced, and rebound springs were added to the shocks to limit body roll at full suspension compression/extension.

The reviewer says this leads to more stability and composure at speed, and makes the 2.5T feel reasonably similar to a base 2.0T Porsche Macan. He feels that the suspension changes make a bigger impact on the driving experience than the 2.5T itself.

I'm personally waiting for (at least some of) the snow to melt before I drive a GT and Signature back-to-back, but based on the above review--and C&D, whose opinions generally mirror my own--I'm hopeful that the 2.5T is finally sporty enough that I can upgrade from my current Mazda3 without completely compromising on driving experience.

That may be so but I believe those changes described apply to all KF*s. I can*t determine whether specific changes were made for the sporty model (we call it the GT here). I*ve just come out of the 2018 model to the 2019 with bigger brakes and I can*t tell any difference.

Today I sold my 2016 CX-5 GT and purchased a 2019 CX-5 GT. Thanks to all who (in this thread) posted helpful replies :)

Back