Rough shifts during cold weather

boncastro

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
Hi, is anyone here experiencing some hard or rough shifts when accelerating during cold weather?

Thank you.

My transmission has a whine for just a bit whe it's cold but shifts are fine. I've got 107K on it too.

Hi, is anyone here experiencing some hard or rough shifts when accelerating during cold weather?
I believe you're experiencing the same issue those 2018+ CX-5 owners have been experiencing:

2018 CX 5 Low Speed Transmission Hesitation/ Jerk / Lurch

There's a TSB R069/17C according to great Anchorman but he couldn't attach TSBs anymore due to Mazda's censorship here. It sounded like Mazda can update the transmission firmware to "mask" the issue.

Last edited:
My transmission has a whine for just a bit whe it's cold but shifts are fine. I've got 107K on it too.
The whine is a typical symptom of failing front input shaft bearing which would happen on many early CX-5's before Mazda modified the transmission front casing.

The whine is a typical symptom of failing front input shaft bearing which would happen on many early CX-5's before Mazda modified the transmission front casing.

It may not be this. The whine you refer to is consistent, has nothing to do with temp. Could possibly be a low fluid level until it comes up to operating temp. Or, it may very well be a bearing..

Back