CX-5 Owners with Pets, car window protectors?

mikeykx

:
Mazda CX-5
Hey guys, new 2019 CX-5 GT owner here and we love our dogs. Bought some nice seat covers/protectors but looking for advice what you guys are using to prevent your pets from scratching the window sill area? I used to use those window sill protectors that hang over that area (with slim inserts that you squeeze in between the rubber lining and the glass, but they don't seem to fit?)
Not sure if its because car is brand new or if that style is not compatible with the CX-5 (they used to work fine in my audi a4)

:( my dog gets too excited and wants to get her head out the window so sometimes she will put her paws on the window sill

Also be careful about them trying to climb over the center console. It scratches easily. I usually lay a towel across it.

Also be careful about them trying to climb over the center console. It scratches easily. I usually lay a towel across it.

yep, I bought a center console cover - still haven't found a car window sill cover/protector that fits the CX-5 though :(

My dog has to use boots for other reasons, but they do come in handy if she wants to enjoy the sights from the window. We use boots from Amazon called My Busy Dog. They come in sizes ranging from 0-8 and the double Velcro helps keep them in place. Depending on your pooch it may take more or less training to get used to them. Would recommend 10/10

(cryhard)(cryhard)(cryhard)

You bought a brand new vehicle and let the dog climb all over the interior!?? Stick him in the cargo area...case closed.

There is still a window and window-sill back there. Correct the wayward cretin! My dog does not err like this. He looks out the window the way his god intended.

Have you seen these?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Formosa-...arrier-with-zipper-door-48-L-x-32-H/125368512

Lots of versions of mesh "between-seat" blockers available.

Of course--depending on the dog--it just might frustrate the thing and make it more determined. I had a dog that was like that. I would say "No," and she would hear "Try harder."

Have you seen these?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Formosa-...arrier-with-zipper-door-48-L-x-32-H/125368512

Lots of versions of mesh "between-seat" blockers available.

Of course--depending on the dog--it just might frustrate the thing and make it more determined. I had a dog that was like that. I would say "No," and she would hear "Try harder."

I had a really nice net that was made to stretch across the rear of the seats like that - even had some anchors for around the front seat belts to close all gaps - my Husky would still find a way over, under or around to stick his head through... he wanted so bad to stand on the console and "surf" when he couldn't put his head out the back window.

We had to ride with the window down in the back or he would choke you via the seat belt if the net was up, or block the rear view mirror surfing.

Some dogs just can't be cured.

I had a really nice net that was made to stretch across the rear of the seats like that - even had some anchors for around the front seat belts to close all gaps - my Husky would still find a way over, under or around to stick his head through... he wanted so bad to stand on the console and "surf" when he couldn't put his head out the back window.

We had to ride with the window down in the back or he would choke you via the seat belt if the net was up, or block the rear view mirror surfing.

Some dogs just can't be cured.

I was gong to say something about the breed, but even the terrier mix I had would spas out riding in the car.

Notice that most of the pics of these things have Golden Retrievers posing...never Huskys or Border Collies or small hyper dogs.

They always get what they want, and we love them anyway. Go figger....

Back