BLUETOOTH Pairing

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
2014 cx5. Bluetooth was set up and worked for years with my LG Stylo 2V phone. Recently noticed the BLUETOOTH field on the Mazda screen was not highlighted nor was the PANDORA field. My phone says I'm paired with the MAZDA but, the field is still grayed out. Suggestions on who to correct this issue? Ed

2014 cx5. Bluetooth was set up and worked for years with my LG Stylo 2V phone. Recently noticed the BLUETOOTH field on the Mazda screen was not highlighted nor was the PANDORA field. My phone says I'm paired with the MAZDA but, the field is still grayed out. Suggestions on who to correct this issue? Ed
Hmm...even when not paired to any phones/devices, those options have never been actually greyed out on mine.

Let the trial and error troubleshooting begin.

Try with another phone.
Remove the bluetooth connections from both devices, then re-pair them.
Check the bluetooth connection profile permissions on the phone.
Factory reset the infotainment
factory reset the phone

How to factory reset the infotainment?

Hold MUTE + NAV 10 sec.

and there's this I copied from an old thread, not sure if it's correct:

to reset cx-5 bluetooth:
You don't need to disconnect the battery. Just open the fuse box under the hood (engine turned off). Pull out AUD1 and AUD2, location printed on the inside of the fuse box lid. Use the small plier provided at the same place. Wait for at least 10 seconds and put the fuses back. Start the engine and wait for the head unit to locate the bluetooth module. Ta-daa!

I pulled the "BOSE" AND AUDIO fuses and replaced them about 10 minutes later. Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. I also hit the phone icon on the steering wheel and got a message that said Bluetooth was being opened but, nothing happened. The Mazda display has the Bluetooth, Pandora, USB and accessory field grayed out. I am open to suggestions. Ed

Thank you shadonoz: You put me on the path and by disconnecting the neg battery terminal the problem was corrected. Ed

Back