Bluetooth Issue - 2019 GT

:
2019 CX-9 GT AWD in Soul Red
Hi guys,

On my way to work this morning my Bluetooth connection suddenly acted up. It keeps connecting and disconnecting a bunch of times, and my phone keeps notifying me to accept the new BT code (different each time it tries to connect). I've tried unpairing it from my phone (successful, Mazda does not appear on my phone anymore) but when I unpair it from the car, it says failed to unpair devices. My phone still appears on the list of paired devices. It still connects successfully to the Android Auto app (albeit without BT).

Then when I try adding a new device, the Mazda doesn't even appear on my phone scan.

I'll be trying a bunch of things later when I get home including:
-battery disconnect
-trying to connect it with another phone (to see if my phone is the one broken)

The only "electrical" mod that I have done with the car is a dashcam hardwire kit, and a Fortin EVO-ONE install, both of which have been working without any issues.

In the meantime, any other ideas? Is there a way to do a full reset on the infotainment system? What's the latest firmware version and how do I check which version I have? If all else fails I'll gladly take it to the dealer and have it looked at.

Thanks!

Delete it from both the car and the phone and start from scratch, if you haven't already...Also be sure you have the latest s/w update for your phone. Hope this helps good luck.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

I have deleted it from my phone, but unpairing it from the car is somehow not working. Even if I do the "Unpair All Devices" it will try do it and then gives an "Unable to unpair" error message.

Back