2007~2015 Mirrors doesn't adjust back after using the reverse

yasinmohammed

:
mazda cx9 2013
All,
im wondering if any one had this issue in the mirrors.

when using the reverse, the mirrors automatically fold to enable the driver to see the down area on the car sides.
but after returning back to " Drive" mode, the mirrors doesn't come back to the original position (as it should do automatically ). the position of the mirrors will become different than original position and in different degrees than each other.

i tried to clean the back of the mirror by using spry water , pressured air but still same problem.
did any one faced this issue ? any solution ??

All,
im wondering if any one had this issue in the mirrors.

when using the reverse, the mirrors automatically fold to enable the driver to see the down area on the car sides.
but after returning back to " Drive" mode, the mirrors doesn't come back to the original position (as it should do automatically ). the position of the mirrors will become different than original position and in different degrees than each other.

i tried to clean the back of the mirror by using spry water , pressured air but still same problem.
did any one faced this issue ? any solution ??

Yes twice on my 2014 cx-9.
Both times replaced under warranty a part in the mirror.

Once after one month (bought car new)
Once 2 weeks ago just before the car was 5YO.

This happened to my mom's BMW X3. It was an electric motor issue as tbensous described. Only difference was that it was too expensive to fix (it's a BMW after all), so she put up with it for a couple of years before selling it.

Back