2007~2015 CX-9 front glass with sensor replacement help

yasinmohammed

:
mazda cx9 2013
Hi all.,
after using my wonderful CX-9 2013 car (higher end) in desert areas i found out that the front glass is little frosted, the damages are all over the front the glass.it is very clear when driving facing the sun.
im wondering how to replace the Glass while there is a sensors in the centre of the glass ?
did anybody replace the glass before ? can the repair shop remove the sensor and then put it back on the replaced glass ?

It shouldnt be an issue. Glass replacement shops like safelite does it all the time. Just have to make sure to let them know you have sensors on the front windshield. Havent done it on the Mazda. But have done it on my past Hyundai with sensors with no issues.

any hint from your side before i go to a glass repair shop ? the type of glue have to be used to fix the sensor back ? the type of sealing around the new glass ? etc ..

Just have to make sure they get the correct windshield that is specific for sensors.
Good luck.

If it is surface damage, I wonder if a detailer can use his orbital and glass polish to get the clarity back.

- Zoomfive

Back