Broke my Passenger side mirror when reversing

:
2019 CX5 GT-R
Hi All
I have a 2016 CX5 GT. Today i broke the passenger side mirror. It has blind spot warning indicator and heated aswell. I called the dealer and they gave the OEM part# as KR2569121A. Cost 135 Cad and fixing in another 120 Cad + HST.

I checked the mirror movement and side indicator, Its working fine

Im planning to order the part and try fixing it myself.
Has anyone done this previously , Any videos and recommendations will be helpful

pic1.jpgpic4.jpgpic5.jpg

I did it on a 2014 Mustang after breaking the mirror off when backing out of the garage. Was simple removals of old assembly and replacing with new. The Ford had 3 bolts you accessed from inside. Only trick was unplugging the electric motor plug. Hope the CX 5 is as simple for you. The only other issue is the paint color. There were plenty of painted aftermarket mirror assemblies for the Mustang. May not be true for the CX 5.

I did it on a 2014 Mustang after breaking the mirror off when backing out of the garage. Was simple removals of old assembly and replacing with new. The Ford had 3 bolts you accessed from inside. Only trick was unplugging the electric motor plug. Hope the CX 5 is as simple for you. The only other issue is the paint color. There were plenty of painted aftermarket mirror assemblies for the Mustang. May not be true for the CX 5.

Thanks tuscondivots. Will update once done , mostly in mid spring

if you have to take whole mirror assembly out, bolts are accessible after door trim removal and disconnecting wiring harness plugs.There are videos on youtube, not a hard task.

Simple DIY.
Take the interior door panel off.
Every else will become obvious.

Broke my Passenger side mirror when reversing

take the two screws out on the inside of the door..... then does the door panel really have to come off or does anyone have any tips/trick as to getting the adjustment cable unhooked?

take the two screws out on the inside of the door..... then does the door panel really have to come off or does anyone have any tips/trick as to getting the adjustment cable unhooked?

Hi GerldWep

whats the adjustment cable that you are referring to. I felt the above 3 youtube links covers pretty much all

Latest posts

Back