2016~2023 For Signature owners..

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada
Quick question. What, if anything, are you doing to protect/preserve the finish of the wood trim? In previous cars that I've owned/driven, the wood trim is lacquered to preserve the look. AFAIK, the wood in the CX-9 Signature is not lacquered, but I don't know if I need to "condition" it to prevent it from cracking or deforming due to heat or UV exposure.

I just emailed Mazda Canada about this to see what they say, but I also wanted to get some insight from fellow owners.

I have found that just a little water on a microfiber cloth is all it needs. I have been very happy with the wood. The chrome is another story...

It appears to me to have a low sheen laquer, but I use orange glo just in case.

It appears to me to have a low sheen laquer, but I use orange glo just in case.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try Orange Glo.

I have found that just a little water on a microfiber cloth is all it needs. I have been very happy with the wood. The chrome is another story...

What's going on with your chrome? Interior, exterior or both?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try Orange Glo.

What's going on with your chrome? Interior, exterior or both?

On both the interior and exterior chrome, I find the chrome shows dirt and water spots easily. I am now using some rain-X on the chrome bits outside and just keep a microfiber cloth to wipe off dirt on the inside. So far so good. Not a big issue but as the car is still very new, I am obsessed with keeping it looking perfect!

So I got a response from Mazda Canada just now.

Service Request 1-2026966669

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Mazda Canada Inc.

We do not have a product to provide more of a longevity for the wood trim on our signature vehicles, as they are made with the finest material which has protection in regards to UV rays and climate changes.

If you would like some type of product that might extend the protection that is already on the product, we would advise speaking with your local Mazda Dealership as they might be able to provide a 3rd part product.

Should you have any further questions or concerns you may reach us by telephone at 1-800-263-4680 Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm EST.

Sincerely,

Customer Assistance
MAZDA CANADA INC
(SR Number: 1-2026966669)

I'm still going to try the Orange Glo stuff.

Back