Leather conditioner?

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Anyone have a favorite leather conditioner theyd recommend for my new vehicle? I have used Lexol in the past. My dealer recommended Mothers.

It says not to use conventional leather conditioner on these leather seats since they have those tiny perforated holes. I suppose something about not being able to fully wipe off all the conditioner because it gets trapped down in those little holes. I use the ArmorAll leather wipes every couple of months and my seats look great.

I wipe everything down with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

It says not to use conventional leather conditioner on these leather seats since they have those tiny perforated holes.

That makes sense to me. Where did you see that?

So do people who use cleaners see any issue with that, residue in the holes?

Warm water and a soft, clean rag, has done me a solid over the years on leather. The biggest thing is tint your windows and or park in the garage.

Last edited:
It's coated leather; no need to use a special product. Mother's VLR works fine though and has a nice smell.

That makes sense to me. Where did you see that?

I bought a bottle of ArmorAll leather conditioner (I think that was the brand) a while back and it had a disclaimer on the bottle not to use it on leather seats with perforated holes. I ended up returning it and buying the leather wipes. Real easy to use and I'm more than happy with the results.

I've used Adam's Leather and Interior Cleaner followed by Adam's Leather Conditioner. Great results.

Back