I dumped my CX-5 finally

Those wheels look so much better than the "pizza wheels" as I like to call them on the non sig trim.

I still can't wait for the RAV4 Hybrid to officially hit show-room floors in North America, CONUS. Monty will cover roughly 1.5 tanks of 93 octane for my new steed!

I have a 100% "success rate" in requiring repairs totaling well over $2000 by 150K miles in every vehicle I've ever owned that long, and some of them much sooner.

Your mistake is extrapolating your experience to the totality, but no surprise, that's just how you think.
I hope you get "lucky" and have to use it.

I still can't wait for the RAV4 Hybrid to officially hit show-room floors in North America, CONUS. Monty will cover roughly 1.5 tanks of 93 octane for my new steed!

Haha..or a whopping 2% of that warranty cost..and oh yeah 93 added cost..Hold up- I thought higher diesel fuel cost was one of your major points of contention? 93 cheaper than diesel in NWARK? Understood the turbo gas handily outperforms the diesel but I think real FE diff is gonna be substantial even though I probably won't be able to brag about real world results but whatever over it..CPO is the way to go (unob sure beat that on into us w/repeated fist pounding then buys brand new- ok no CPO turbos so I kindof get it but still plenty of other options out there..)
Can't wait to see the first: wow the fuel mileage really blows on this thing (21.xx is my early guess)with a few WOT launches(more like all of them) and cruising @95 on the highway...good stuff

So are GTR and sig wheels actually different or no?

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear the unob: wow the fuel mileage really blows on this thing with a few WOT launches(more like all of them) and cruising @95 on the highway...good stuff

HAve to admit this thought crossed my mind too Uno lol.

Offsetting a whopping 2% of that warranty cost..and oh yeah 93 added cost..Hold up- I thought higher diesel fuel cost was one of your major points of contention? 93 cheaper than diesel in NWARK? Understood the turbo gas handily outperforms the diesel but I think real FE diff is gonna be substantial even though I probably won't be able to brag about it but whatever over it.
Can't wait to hear the unob: wow the fuel mileage really blows on this thing with a few WOT launches(more like all of them) and cruising @95 on the highway...good stuff

So are GTR and sig wheels different or no?

So far the mpg actually exceeds my old cx5. I think 93 and diesel price out similar, here. Ill double check tonight. Im getting around 27mpg in my commute to the dealer, which is a mile from work. Better than the 25ish I was getting. The turbo motor doesnt need to work nearly as hard up the hills.

Thing is, its about 2 seconds faster to 60 than any other stock cx5 models other than the sig of course. Thats worth a slight fuel penalty, because its actually kinda fun. Its basically only a smidge slower than your Velocitor N, until 100mph, and thats presuming you flawlessly launch it at 4 to 5k or so, per the reviews Ive read.

Not sure on rims. Supposedly the sig are grey.

Last edited:

Thats fine. Cruise the "engine and transmission" section of this site. Plenty of tales of woe. I hope I dont need it, but I now onow my car is 100% covered for the life of the loan. Sure wish my 2015 had been...my last 2 vehicles got the axe due to major problems post warranty. Ill not tempt a third, especially one with a turbo.

That warranty would have saved me $1200 if I had it on the cx5 I traded in. The fuel pressure regulator went out. I won that coin toss, in the deal, but the warranty is 100% worth it in my personal experience with the cx5. Itnwoild also have covered my leaking valve cover gasket, and anything else before 150k miles. We're only 2/3 there and $1400 in...and thats on a vehicle with far less to go wrong, no turbos, etc.

It cost me $2400, and Id do it again and again and again.

Peace of mind is worth different things to different people. Did that warranty have a mileage cap, or is it unlimited mileage for that 10 year period? If unlimited, you'll definitely get your money's worth in peace of mind alone, considering you put 100k on your first CX-5 in 3-4 years.

I got warranty as well, mainly for the same reasons (lots of new tech, first car with a turbo).

Peace of mind is worth different things to different people. Did that warranty have a mileage cap, or is it unlimited mileage for that 10 year period? If unlimited, you'll definitely get your money's worth in peace of mind alone, considering you put 100k on your first CX-5 in 3-4 years.

I got warranty as well, mainly for the same reasons (lots of new tech, first car with a turbo).

Sadly mileage is capped at 150k, but its not like I have two $1700 LED headlights or anything, and its not like they never have issues past the 3/36. Just to name 1 thing...

Same for the turbo. How many gasoline turbo vehicles have turbo issues before 150k? None, yeah? Never heard of that...

So far the mpg actually exceeds my old cx5. I think 93 and diesel price out similar, here. Ill double check tonight. Im getting around 27mpg in my commute to the dealer, which is a mile from work. Better than the 25ish I was getting. The turbo motor doesnt need to work nearly as hard up the hills.

Thing is, its about 2 seconds faster to 60 than any other stock cx5 models other than the sig of course. Thats worth a slight fuel penalty, because its actually kinda fun. Its basically only a smidge slower than your Velocitor N, until 100mph, and thats presuming you flawlessly launch it at 4 to 5k or so, per the reviews Ive read.

Not sure on rims. Supposedly the sig are grey.

27 huh..great- report back after 5 tanks.
Can't resist on numbers huh..fine full second quicker to 60(sure- trickier to achieve w/3 pedals and fwd) 5.2/6.2- but that's not what makes a car fun- at least not to me...M/T actually had a good comparo it vs GTI rabbit vs Type R- tried to link it but their site is garbage now. They didn't pick a winner per se but GTI is good everyday car, Veloster is fun a hell car you can live with and take to a track if you want- Type R is a hard core performance machine that has practicality but..at a price but $ and general livability.

Last edited:
Thats fine. Cruise the "engine and transmission" section of this site. Plenty of tales of woe. I hope I dont need it, but I now onow my car is 100% covered for the life of the loan. Sure wish my 2015 had been...my last 2 vehicles got the axe due to major problems post warranty. Ill not tempt a third, especially one with a turbo.

You*re still rolling over negative equity from two cars ago, lol, doesn*t surprise me at all you buy extended warranties.

Enjoy your new ride, you bought the exact same one I would buy if I splurged for a new one. Let*s just leave it at that...

Sadly mileage is capped at 150k, but its not like I have two $1700 LED headlights or anything, and its not like they never have issues past the 3/36. Just to name 1 thing...

Same for the turbo. How many gasoline turbo vehicles have turbo issues before 150k? None, yeah? Never heard of that...

Understood but its almost like you're locked in now..btw this warranty of yours- fully covering every item inclusive of those 1700 beauties in the vehicle w/0- zilch, nada out of pocket until 150k? If yes then its really not too bad but I can't imagine that's truly the case.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!

I'm hanging onto my '15 until it isn't worth anything....and with my mileage will be a long time.

You*re still rolling over negative equity from two cars ago, lol, doesn*t surprise me at all you buy extended warranties.

Enjoy your new ride, you bought the exact same one I would buy if I splurged for a new one. Let*s just leave it at that...
You put in words what I've been thinking since page one.

Understood but its almost like you're locked in now..btw this warranty of yours- fully covering every item inclusive of those 1700 beauties in the vehicle w/0- zilch, nada out of pocket until 150k? If yes then its really not too bad but I can't imagine that's truly the case.

Well, thats what the paperwork says. To the letter. Its also transferrable if I sell, or refundable (innpart, prorated) if I trade. However, yes. 0 out of pocket on everything but a few items (pcv valve and speakers and wiring, as well as headlight lenses "due to haziness" were the only nonwear items I saw)

So, is this one now the Deluxe "toaster" or have we moved on to the toaster oven class?

Both vehicles were traded out of because of major repairs not covered as they were out of warranty, and a loss of faith in their financial solidity for the rest ofthe loan terms. Makes sense to me that Id get a warranty that will cover this one for the life of the loan.

Back