I dumped my CX-5 finally

Great story man. Good to see that you're at least somewhat satisfied with your trade-in value. Good call on the PPF as well. I kind of wish that I ponied up for wrapping the entire front end (entire hood, fenders, and A-pillars), but something is better than nothing.

I wonder if you can get the shop installing the PPF to also wrap your exterior piano black bits on the sides of the car? Wish I had done that as well, the micro-marring is a bit of an eyesore in the sun.

Love the colour choice as well. Personally, I feel like the MGM shows best at dawn/dusk (yes)

I have been saying cx5 doesnt hold value...now people believe me?

Nope. My 16.5 trade-in value is $20,200-22,045. Not bad considering I paid $26400 for it. Had it for 2 years next month. Like you, a trade-in offer of $22k from the dealer and a Machine grey GTR is VERY TEMPTING!

Good luck man, enjoy the new whip...

I have been saying cx5 doesnt hold value...now people believe me?

I bought in Northwest Arkansas. I got the 500 and 750 as mentioned above. Got the black interior Machine Grey exterior. It reminded me of my 370z.

Wait..I think you did pretty damn good @9200 w/100+k on a broken mid-trim CX-5, you honestly don't? Anyway congrats, nice color- smart choice even though you say a lot of things that make me question that sometimes(being honest)..I like the GLA too but it won't hold up like the CX-5- I'd put $ on that;), not sure where you got 275 width tires though but no matter its $ pit you don't need. Didn't have time to read every word of your shock and awe post but seems like you did pretty well there- nice upgrade hey(still yet to sample the turbo) but happy4ya.

Last edited:
$2000, in stock in the color I wanted.

Much better color than that god awful blue.

Woulda honestly gone Touring maybe if it had the 2.5T.

Yeah, honestly kinda hoping the turbo makes its way to lower trims. Somehow I doubt it though with the fact they made it it's own separate GT trim.

Wait..I think you did pretty damn good @9200 w/100+k on a broken mid-trim CX-5, you honestly don't? Anyway congrats, nice color- smart choice even though you say a lot of things that make me question that sometimes(being honest)..I like the GLA too but it won't hold up like the CX-5- I'd put $ on that;), not sure where you got 275 width tires though but no matter its $ pit you don't need. Didn't have time to read every word of your shock and awe post but seems like you did pretty well there- nice upgrade hey(still yet to sample the turbo) but happy4ya.

Yep, cars take a drastic hit at 100k no matter what it is... And, or course they*ll give you $9500 for it, they*ll sell it for $12500-14k to someone with bad credit and make a killing on it...

Well if he was only selling it and then gtfo there that would been a good deal. He traded it in and bought a 32K CX-5 in a not so strong Mazda market. Ofcourse the dealer will give him a good trade in. $9200 is definitely not Honda nice - it definitely is NOT Toyota nice but its the next level - it beats Chevy / Ford / Hyundai / Kia resale and only 3 brands I think outpace it = baru / yota and Honda.
I am surprised he went for a Girly looking gen 2 though (his own words not mine).

I am surprised he went for a Girly looking gen 2 though (his own words not mine).

You can delete that chrome around the windows and black out that gaudy piece up front. Interior, I don't know...

Last edited:
And brand new..?? Uno- you def didn't have a bad coil like I had last fall, right? Symptom sounded similar- 20ish peak hp, running super bad.
And yeah Rav doesn't make the list? Did you look- seemed like you were almost pre-sold on it

Last edited:
You can delete that chrome around the windows and black out that *gaudy piece up front. Interior, I don't know...

eBay seat covers and black vinyl tape on the wood trim should get you to the look you're after.

Much better color than that god awful blue.

Yeah, honestly kinda hoping the turbo makes its way to lower trims. Somehow I doubt it though with the fact they made it it's own separate GT trim.

Congrats! I like the Machine Grey, but I don't think the Deep Crystal Blue is that god awful. ;)

Congrats! I like the Machine Grey, but I don't think the Deep Crystal Blue is that god awful. ;)
The deep crystal is fine. I am talking about the eternal blue or blue reflex. Whatever it's called. Worst Mazda color imo.

Top 3 Beauty Pageant generic answers:

#3: To embolden young women everywhere.

#2: ......and World Peace.

#1: .......that one day Uno buys a new CX-5.

Yes, plus PPF and tint.

Also, I did pony up for the 10 year, 150k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Too much tech not to.

If you were buying a Jeep, I'd say, yes, by all means get the extended warranty (although I would never buy an FC vehicle to begin with), but a Mazda? - not worthwhile.

See:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair/get-an-extended-warranty-for-your-car/

By the way, my Mazda3 with tech package is going on 5 years in August and I've had zero problems.

Last edited:
If you were buying a Jeep, I'd say, yes, by all means get the extended warranty (although I would never buy an FC vehicle to begin with), but a Mazda? - not worthwhile.

See:

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair/get-an-extended-warranty-for-your-car/

That warranty would have saved me $1200 if I had it on the cx5 I traded in. The fuel pressure regulator went out. I won that coin toss, in the deal, but the warranty is 100% worth it in my personal experience with the cx5. Itnwoild also have covered my leaking valve cover gasket, and anything else before 150k miles. We're only 2/3 there and $1400 in...and thats on a vehicle with far less to go wrong, no turbos, etc.

It cost me $2400, and Id do it again and again and again.

I did not look at the RAV. The 2.5T carried the day.

Back