No GloveBox Light etc. on Canadian Signature?

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Just got the 2019 Signature in Machine Grey and generally love it.

I think the Canadian model has cheaped out on a couple of things however...no parking sensors, 360 camera or glovebox light.

I had a glovebox light on my 1996 Integra.

Anyone (especially Canadian owners here) have an explanation?

Or it's done to save some costs.

Can't see how they'd save money by not adding a light in the glovebox in one country, and yes in the other.
I'm thinking they'd somehow have to divide up the assembly line into vehicles that have the light, and those that don't.
Seems very inefficient, not to mention that the cost of a little light is probably about 50 cents to them.
I'd think they'd reduce their costs if they make them all the same, at least for the North American market.

i don't get how the Canadian version also doesn't have a 360 camera and parking sensors?
As mentioned previously, wouldn't this be more of a hassle, and much easier to keep all the signatures the same US/ Canada??

Instead of coming here, why don't you ask Mazda Canada?

If that remark is directed at me, buzzoff. I'm not the one asking the question about different configurations here.
I could care less why Mazda does what it does actually. It's their business to do what they want to do.
I was just speculating that it might be cheaper in the long run, from a manufacturers cost perspective, to make Canadian and U.S vehicles the same. Got it?

i agree with you,
definitely doesn't make sense logistically...but oh wells?

If that remark is directed at me, buzzoff. I'm not the one asking the question about different configurations here.
I could care less why Mazda does what it does actually. It's their business to do what they want to do.
I was just speculating that it might be cheaper in the long run, from a manufacturers cost perspective, to make Canadian and U.S vehicles the same. Got it?

I could only hazard a guess that Mazda set a firm price point for the SIG in Canadian dollars and needed to exclude some options/materials, in order to hit it.

It's a valid question. Why are you asking a bunch of people who are really only guessing. Why don't you contact Mazda Canada and ask them. I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

I recently purchased a 2019 Signature and there is a LED light in the glove box. Why you don't have one I'm not sure. Perhaps they did not install the bulb or wiring at assembly.

Totally agree about the lack of 360 camera, parking sensors, hell they did not even include an SG badge at the rear. Wrote to Mazda Canada about why we were the only country in which the CX-5 Signature did not have said features. Got a standard reply that it was a decision by corporate that could be reviewed and changed in the future. In other words probably for the 2020 model.

That being said I purchased one anyways for the other updated features.

Firstly, if you*ve got one, it only works with the sidelights on. There is a plug in the loom and the light is just a short cable which I could probably find the part number for.

Question, my new GT has footwell lighting front and rear. Is that standard on the US/Canadian models too?

The Sport trim lacks lights for the vanity mirrors. I don't care since I don't use the vanity mirror but it seems like an odd thing to omit.

I recently purchased a 2019 Signature and there is a LED light in the glove box. Why you don't have one I'm not sure. Perhaps they did not install the bulb or wiring at assembly.

Totally agree about the lack of 360 camera, parking sensors, hell they did not even include an SG badge at the rear. Wrote to Mazda Canada about why we were the only country in which the CX-5 Signature did not have said features. Got a standard reply that it was a decision by corporate that could be reviewed and changed in the future. In other words probably for the 2020 model.

That being said I purchased one anyways for the other updated features.

Yes, I have written Mazda Canada. My real point in asking the question here was if other Canadian owners had a dealer explanation or other solutions. Interesting that you have the glovebox light. That's listed as included on the Mazda Canada website but not the owner's manual (at least I couldn't find it). In answer to another question, I do have the footwell lighting.
I'm expecting an answer from Mazda like RobB48 got but it's a three year lease. By then I hope for the 8" (or better) screen, better infotainment controls, a glovebox light etc.

Meanwhile it's a great car and I love driving it.

The model should be revised in 2022. For an idea of the new steering wheel and updated infotainment system, have a look at the new Mazda 3 reviews.

Thanks Anchorman. Yes, I had a peak at the Mazda3 in the showroom last week. Very cool, with the larger screen angled to the driver.

FYI- I had a reply from Mazda Canada. Talk about a non-answer. * Your concerns have been passed to the appropriate department for future consideration* . LOL.

Would the 2022 normally be released in the fall of 2021?

Last edited:
The model should be revised in 2022. For an idea of the new steering wheel and updated infotainment system, have a look at the new Mazda 3 reviews.

Where are you getting 2022 from? I'm presently on the fence as to whether or not to wait another 8 months or so for the 2020 model because of the lack of 360 camera and prospect of an infotainment upgrade, but I feel that I'm being highly speculative - nobody knows for certain.

No, I*m not talking about an annual refresh I*m talking about a complete new model. However, it may get a mid life refresh next year and that could include the changes from the 3. We don*t have those advance year changes you guys in the US seem to have. The way the current CX5 is made with the plastic snoot at the end of the bonnet, they could change the whole of the grill, lights and bumper without any panel changes.

Latest posts

Back