Little rust spots

plouie10

:
2016 CX-5 GS Edition Titanium Flash Mica
Hi
Just purchased a 2019 CX-9GT Snowflake white. It's been about a month and ever since it's either been raining or snowing. Today is not doing either so decided I would wash the car even though it will probably rain or snow in the next couple of days Notice that there are small rust coloured spots on the paint. Mainly on the side panels. I've seen them before on my other cars, but don't know what it is. If I rub with a fiber cloth or with my finger nail they rub off but could someone tell me what they are, how to avoid them and how to protect them so they don't come back.
Thanks

It is most likely from the iron particles from brake dust, or rail dust from transporting on railroads. You can use a claybar to remove them and then wax the area with a decent polish such as Meguiars or 3M, it will help keep the particles from sticking to the paint.

Last edited:
It is most likely from the iron particles from brake dust, or rail dust from transporting on railroads. You can use a claybar to remove them and then wax the area with a decent polish such as Meguiars or 3M, it will help keep the particles from sticking to the paint.

Thank you. Guess I have lots to learn.

Back