CEL and power loss

No mas. Gone.
That was...quick. I'm assuming you spent much more replacing it with a what I am assuming is new GT-R vs. what it would have cost to fix, but perhaps it was more that you were just looking for the excuse to do so?

That was...quick. I'm assuming you spent much more replacing it with a what I am assuming is new GT-R vs. what it would have cost to fix, but perhaps it was more that you were just looking for the excuse to do so?

I was about 4500 upside down, minus the rebates of $1250, and they sold me the GTR for invoice, so I made it out the door $40,3xx in the hole including TTL. Not my idea of fun, but the GTR checks all my boxes. Nice interior, sharp exterior, good awd, and acceleration totally on par with a new WRX manual, with more ground clearance at the expense of handling. Got the loan 72mo@3.24%. In short, it was a nuke launched from orbit, and you gotta take into account that this is still negative equity from my Jeep trade in '15. Regardless, its worth $4k more than Mongos damn CRV, rofl!!

I take a while to make a decision, but once I do, violence of action is the method. This fiasco just sped up the decision process, that, and the beautiful machine grey GTR on the lot.

Last edited:
I was about 4500 upside down, minus the rebates of $1250, and they sold me the GTR for invoice, so I made it out the door $40,3xx in the hole including TTL. Not my idea of fun, but the GTR checks all my boxes. Nice interior, sharp exterior, good awd, and acceleration totally on par with a new WRX manual, with more ground clearance at the expense of handling. Got the loan 72mo@3.24%. In short, it was a nuke launched from orbit, and you gotta take into account that this is still negative equity from my Jeep trade in '15. Regardless, its worth $4k more than Mongos damn CRV, rofl!!
Lol at that last bit!

Yeah, guess I just like having my paid off car. I make good money, but I just can't see myself buying a $35k+ car. Though I'd still like to try the turbo.

Lol at that last bit!

Yeah, guess I just like having my paid off car. I make good money, but I just can't see myself buying a $35k+ car. Though I'd still like to try the turbo.

I wished to keep mine, but I was frustrated with owning a car I didnt enjoy so much as tolerate.

Now we will never know how that transmission works out 😂

I kid, I kid. Ill miss the posts seeking vindication

I knew you would. In all likelihood the transmission was going to be just fine 😁

Awe snap, here I was thinking another valued member was about to fade away. Good choice

Thanks. Over-all, my CX5 impressed me for what it was. The brand impressed me over-all. It was enough to keep me in a Mazda. The only Mazda that made sense to me was the GTR or SIG CX5

Yo, congrats on the new ride! Looking forward to your comparison between your old one and new one.

Latest posts

Back