Mazda 2016.5 HUD stopped working..any ideas?

BuschWolff

:
Mazda 6
Just noticed my HUD is not working any longer...Any ideas how to fix or what to look for? I have no idea if I accidentally turned it off some how..?

Thanks!

In 3.5 years of ownership my HUD failed to rise twice when I started the car. I just shut the car off and restarted it and it popped up and worked as normal.

You can't completely disable the HUD, as far as I know.
When I picked up my 2017 6, they told me the HUD screen will always pop up.
The only thing you can do is disable the display, but the screen still pops up.
All this to say that if the screen doesn't pop up, there's a problem. Is it off warranty?

When you said "no working", did you mean it won't pop up?
The HUD stops moving when it encounters resistance.
Shut it down and restart might just fix it unless the resistance persists.

In my case, if I forget to remove sunscreen first and start the engine, the HUD would stop raising.
I just need to restart it.

I have a 2017.5 6 and the hud display randomly stopped working. The screen still pops up but the display isn't on. I didn't mess with anything in the settings and I have tried restarting the car a few times but it still won't display anything. I saw you mentioned disabling the display and the screen will still pop up, where in the settings is that? I can check and see if I somehow disabled it by mistake.

Hi, if it's just the display not showing but the acrylic pops up, then it could be the bulb that needs replacing. I have no idea how to remove HUD unit from the dash but if someone has access to the schematics and able to share it, we should be able to guide you. Maybe Mazda dealership are able to provide some printed drawing along with the HUD part number for the bulb, assuming it's the bulb at fault?

Back