Signature vs Grand Touring Reserve / Incentives

CometGSR

I am still shopping for a CX-5 and wondered about a couple of things.. Our dealer has 1 Signature and about 10 GT-R models. There is some cost difference between the two trims but it isn't a big difference. Would you spend the money on the Signature? How rare will the Signature be to see on lots?

I am also shopping for financing, when does the 0% interest deal usually start?

I am still shopping for a CX-5 and wondered about a couple of things.. Our dealer has 1 Signature and about 10 GT-R models. There is some cost difference between the two trims but it isn't a big difference. Would you spend the money on the Signature? How rare will the Signature be to see on lots?

Naw. They can keep the brown leather. (puke)

My dealer made it sound like 0% isn't coming back until they officially merge financing with Toyota. And then only maybe.
He told me Mazda was switching to Toyoata's financing to help reduce rates.

I thought the 0% financing was due to the low federal prime borrowing rates. Since the fed has been hiking rates so have all auto loan rates. However, I could be talking out of my ass and 7eregrine could be correct so take it with a grain of salt.

Generally speaking if the 0% was to come back it would most likely be in the 4th Quarter of the year - when they are trying to clear out old models.

The Signatures in my area are coming in and going out. They move fast. If you want a car that only come in back leather, and don't want that, I would recommend moving towards the Signature. That leather is much softer and the brown is not nearly as dark as the black.

Naw. They can keep the brown leather. (puke)

Yep, I feel like interior color is the main distinguishing feature between GTR and Signature for most buyers. The Signature's other special features don't really stand out and some (like the frameless rearview mirror) can be retrofit onto the GTR.

As for availability, it seems most dealers in my area only have 1-2 Signatures at most on their lot and they don't last long. Still a bad time to expect much of a price break.

If I was buying a CX-5, I'd go as high as the GT Reserve. With the CX-9, I felt that the Signature was worth the price.

If I was buying a CX-5, I'd go as high as the GT Reserve. With the CX-9, I felt that the Signature was worth the price.

IMO, the extra $2-3K for the CX-5 Signature is definitely worth it:
  • Caturra Brown Nappa leather-trimmed seats
  • Genuine layered wood trim
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel with unique stitching
  • Interior LED lighting
  • Ambient cabin lighting, front and rear footwells, vanity mirror, glove box, cargo area
  • Black headliner
  • Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink
  • Interior trim with Bright Silver finish
  • 19-inch alloy wheels with Dark Silver finish
  • 360-degree View Monitor
  • Front and rear parking sensors

Last edited:
... Would you spend the money on the Signature? ...

Well, I did, so yes! :)

I think the people who are complaining about the brown Nappa leather have not seen it in person. It really looks, and feels, better than it sounds. I have black semi-aniline in my Lexus. The Nappa in the Sig is on par with that.

I was all on board with the GT-R and then found out the thing leases out like s***. I'm not a fan of anything brown or wood trim so the signature wasn't even a thought for me.

IMO, the extra $3K for the CX-5 Signature is definitely worth it:
  • Interior LED lighting
  • Ambient cabin lighting, front and rear footwells, vanity mirror, glove box, cargo area
  • Black headliner

I'd be willing to pay maybe $500 more for that, mainly for the 360 view and the parking sensors.

I didnt realize the Signature had the black headliner. Had I known, I might have sprung for the Sig instead of the GTR.

The front/back sensor and the 360 cam are nice editions too.

Not really a fan of how the non Sig models have the white headliner and white pillars. Doesnt really mesh with the black seats and interior.

IMO, the extra $2-3K for the CX-5 Signature is definitely worth it:
  • Interior LED lighting
  • Black headliner

Does anyone know what pieces they*re talking about here? Pics looks the same except the wood.

Does anyone know what pieces they*re talking about here? Pics looks the same except the wood.

Good question. (dunno) I'm at a loss to say for sure without comparing side-by-side.

But forgot to include "Signature badge" in list. (yes)

No. Not into the brown leather. Not into the other stuff. The GT-R is fine. It's also something car weebs drool over because "GT-R".

Mazda is currently doing 2.9X% for 60mo, I believe. Your local credit union should be better.

Dealers should sell them at invoice +(minus?) incentives.

My .02

I didnt realize the Signature had the black headliner. Had I known, I might have sprung for the Sig instead of the GTR.

The front/back sensor and the 360 cam are nice editions too.

Not really a fan of how the non Sig models have the white headliner and white pillars. Doesnt really mesh with the black seats and interior.

It may not mesh, but I have a love for 2-tone interiors like that. Cabin space seems bigger. Color creates space---or takes it away.

Unobtanium;6632711 It's also something car weebs drool over because "GT-R" [/QUOTE said:
Right! My car friends would never stop ragging on me if I told them we had a "GT-R"

If tell them I have a "Signature" and they'll think it's and old persons car...LOL

Back