common alignment issues

Snacks

Contributor
:
CX-5 AWD GT
I'm curious, since I'm on my 2nd CX-5 I've noticed that both have "drifted" to the left. Now that I have had my 2nd CX-5 now I've noticed that this one is "drifting" in the same manner.

I've gone to the dealer to get the alignment adjusted and it was off a little which makes me hopeful it isn't me but the "drifting" came back after a few short months even after the low amount of miles I put on it.

This makes me wonder if A) there is an alignment issue with the car for all or B) I'm too fat and it makes the car lean/drift lol (I'm under 300lbs) or C) its the roads I travel on.

Has anyone experienced this?

Check your tire pressures. You say it was ok for a while and now it's back, if you're pressure is low on one side the car will drift to that side, and yeah, the car will drift to the lower side of the road (left/right reference). Also, when's the last time the tires were rotated? Maybe switch the front tires around. This is assuming the alignment is right. I've had 2 CX5s and both tracked true.

Pretty sure tire pressure was the same but that does makes sense, good point.

Mine tracks straight and true. And I've beat the hell out of it on some potholes, curbs, etc. over the past 6 years.

You could find a buddy who weighs about what you do, have him ride with you, and see if that makes a difference.

With a straight alignment the slant of a road can definitely make it feel as though a car is pulling even though it's tracking straight.

As can uneven tire pressures.

You could find a buddy who weighs about what you do, have him ride with you, and see if that makes a difference.

Tried that, still tracks left at times.

Its so weird cause it doesn't happen all the time.

Back