2019 GT-R Engine Performance Question

It is Bradshaw, and they now only have 4 signatures in stock, not 1. 5 GTRs, and the eternal blue one is tempting, although I think I want machine grey this time. Doesn*t matter, they can keep all them SOBs as they*re the highest priced dealer I*ve ever tried to deal with before, and it wasn*t even close...

Typo on my part. I am in Charleston and stokes has done good by me. They are easy to deal with and are fair on their prices. Flow Mazda in Fayetteville, NC has the absolutely lowest prices and will work with you to get you there. Almost got my CX-9 there but Stokes matched it in the end.

Typo on my part. I am in Charleston and stokes has done good by me. They are easy to deal with and are fair on their prices. Flow Mazda in Fayetteville, NC has the absolutely lowest prices and will work with you to get you there. Almost got my CX-9 there but Stokes matched it in the end.

My CX-5 and $10k cash and I may would take home a new Machine Grey GTR. I*ll keep Stokes (think I talked to them before) and Flow in mind. Hell, Fayetteville is closer than Virginia...

OP's coming in with it "Leases out horribly" takes me to talking leases vs. cars.
I get it that leases work for some folks but after 3 pages of trying size up this thread it died on me as a non-leasing owner.
I did drive finally get to drive the 2.5 turbo last week and really like the car! We drove a Signature but i wouldn't buy that trim as I dislike the leather color. As a former guy that worked in leather I can say it is VG! leather but I fine the GTR leather adequate and comparable to what's seen in may cars below the highest levels of trim in luxury cars. GTR level leather is as good as my X3 leather.
I am a "car guy", the greasy version who doesn't just compare cars on straightline performance only as a 0-60 time offers. It's a beginning though. We have been driving a 2013 X3 2.8X-drive since new, bought no factory delivery. Our X3 has similar HP a a bit less torque than the Mazda. Seat of the pants feel on throttle application is similar for both cars. The GTR CX-5 matches my BMW in acceleration but not as well in negotiating fast, curvy roads. My BMW has more rubber on the road from a larger 18", wider tire and a wider wheelbase by 2" and 4" longer, so overall is that the GTR is a fast, fun car but not quite as stable stancewise in the curves. Real world driving is curves or interstate humdrum driving and the Mazda is comfy enough for long road days-it seems to me. The cabin is quiet and the main thing my Wife and I noticed is a much tighter cabin space up front! Seat width is less and overall door to door is tighter but adequate for regular sized people. I am a stocky build 215#, 5'9" guy and my Wife is a size 7 dress and we fit fine. I will suggest that many of those folks I see in Walmart best try out the interior before thinking CX-5 is the car for them! Take that as you will...
I also drove the new Volvo XC40. It has a better grade interior, great straightline zoom but very poor over the shoulder vision (i.e. blindspot) as the rear supports are wide and obtrusive! The rear windows are also tiny so you better have great "something" available as interstate passing may become your new gambling trick.
The handling is not "sporty" as with BMW, AUDI, Mazda and a few other stock cars-I'd call it "cushy/comfy" but not enough road feedback for spirited driving as with Mazda, who builds that into their cars.
The back storage is a bunch less than our X3 as shorter and bit less width but adequate for old farts. The back seats are not adequate for loong trips for full size adults but the most we need there is to allow 2 grandkids car seats hooked up.
I also drove the 2019 Turbo charged VW Tiguwan and at 184hp it is similar power to the regular 2.5 Mazda power. I really liked the overall design on the VW, especially inside. AWD systems from VW/Audi are comparable to Mazda and BMW.
BMW has lowered their warranty coverage since i bought my old one and they have also come out with the X2 which is similar to these CX-5's in size. Interestingly Car & Driver says that BMW has the yuppies in mind with the X2 new model car. Maybe I'm a yuppy in their eyes? but damned certain not in my own.

Back