2012 CX-9 Front Wheel Hub /and/ Bearing

Rock Auto lists the front wheel bearings at about $15 for the cheapos and $30 for the better brands.

The parts diagram makes it look like you car replace just the bearing. However, getting the assembly apart might prove more trouble than just replacing both the bearing and hub. It I had to replace a bearing, I would do both.

https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/...odel=14354&modelYear=2012&ukey_category=20263

1T374R1.jpg

You still have to press the new bearing into the new hub or spindle. Rock auto has a complete kit for 45 for each side which comes with a new nut and retaining ring as well as the hub and bearing. I would opt for that so that everything can be new.

You still have to press the new bearing into the new hub or spindle. Rock auto has a complete kit for 45 for each side which comes with a new nut and retaining ring as well as the hub and bearing. I would opt for that so that everything can be new.

I agree, but it easier to get new parts assembled, than it is to get old parts disassembled.

Gecko, did you ever end up replacing? How many miles do you have? Which brand did you go with? Seems like over torquing of wheels causes a lot of bearing failures. Hasn't been a huge topic on here.

Back