Opinions on Ventilated front seats??

kirecoma

:
none
Trying to decide between at 2018 GT or a 2019 GT. One of the features pulling me toward the 2019 is the ventilated front seats. I live in the south and deal with some long periods of hot weather through the year. Was looking for peoples opinions on the ventilated seats in the 2019s.
Do you feel like it makes a big difference?
Do you even bother using it?
Is it something you would be fine with not having?
Thanks!

Trying to decide between at 2018 GT or a 2019 GT. One of the features pulling me toward the 2019 is the ventilated front seats. I live in the south and deal with some long periods of hot weather through the year. Was looking for peoples opinions on the ventilated seats in the 2019s.
Do you feel like it makes a big difference?
Do you even bother using it?
Is it something you would be fine with not having?
Thanks!

Go to the dealer, and take a long test drive on a hot day.

I had them in a Lexus, and I wasn't impressed. Unfortunately, I can't say how good Mazda's system is, but that's definitely something that you want to feel for yourself if you are using it as a decision point. Personally, I would want it, even if it isn't powerful.

I recently faced the same decision and went with the 2018 GT w/o vented seats. If I lived full time in a hot weather area like Florida or Arizona I think it would be worth it especially if you had a long commute. I've had dozens of cars of all varieties through the years and none of them had vented seats and I did just fine. Heated seats are way more important and useful in my opinion. The only other major item to me was the 2018 didn't have Car play and the updated infotainment but I got that done on the 2018 when I bought it. LCD dash looks a little cooler but it's not that configurable so not a real big deal. Folding mirrors would be nice. Don't care about the 360 camera that much. I know they supposedly made the 2019 even quieter ( hard to imagine) with more deadening material and tweaked the suspension. I wonder if you could even notice that. To me the biggest difference was the Apple/Android upgrade and that was fixable on the 2018.

In the end the deal on the 2018 was far better so thats the way I went. I can live without the other items including the vented seats.

I had ventilated seats on a previous car (2008 Lexus IS250) and while it was a nice feature, it wasn't all that effective.

I read somewhere that Mazda's ventilated seats are much, much better though. Something about pulling the hot air away from you instead of just blowing it directly through the seat surface. Not something I would upgrade my 2018 for though.

Edit: Here's a link to an article explaining the ventilated seats on a 2018 Mazda6. I don't know if the ventilated seats in the CX-9 work the same way, but a quick call to Mazda USA or Mazda Corporate could confirm that.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/th...eving-ideal-driving-position-new-2018-mazda6/

Last edited:
I had ventilated seats on a previous car (2008 Lexus IS250) and while it was a nice feature, it wasn't all that effective.

I read somewhere that Mazda's ventilated seats are much, much better though. Something about pulling the hot air away from you instead of just blowing it directly through the seat surface. Not something I would upgrade my 2018 for though.

Edit: Here's a link to an article explaining the ventilated seats on a 2018 Mazda6. I don't know if the ventilated seats in the CX-9 work the same way, but a quick call to Mazda USA or Mazda Corporate could confirm that.

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/th...eving-ideal-driving-position-new-2018-mazda6/

It's safe to let out some gas with the mazda ventilated seats then...

The rest of the gang blows cold air, spreading the gas! (rockon)

ventilated seats in my Acura are a joke, but they work extremely well in the CX-9. As previously stated, they pull the air through the seat instead of push air. I remember on my test drive commenting to the salesperson about how well they worked.

This was one of the things that I honestly thought was just a gimmicky throw in when I was test driving my 2019 GT, but ended up being an amazing bonus. They really work well in the summer and when I get in the car after working out or coaching, they are very refreshing.

Back