Ride Adjustment

:
Mazda CX 5 Touring
I have a 2015 CX5 touring. I bought it used and it had @ 17k miles. I'm really pleased with it. If I had any criticism it would be that the suspension a little too harsh. I wish it had a an option for adjustable rides. I noticed the new ones have a sport adjustment that re-programs the transmission. Why not ride comfort. I'm probably going to get some negative comments about this but one thing you need to know is I'm old and my comfort is important to me.
Since I'm old maybe someone can explain to me why people are always calling for more power from the engine. I remember the days when you had a 6 cylinder engine that had maybe 100 horses. Those were the days when you were in hilly country and were going down a hill you had to build up speed to get up the next one. Oh and if it was raining your wipers stopped when you stepped on the gas hard. People don't know when they have it good these days

Be sure to check your tire pressure and set it cold to the recommended pressure listed on the drivers door frame. If it is still too hard get a seat pad. Ed

I've found that pressure of about 30-32 softens up the ride considerably [and the handling and FE as well]. You might experiment with that.
I personally run at 36, but I only know from experience because that's the way the car was delivered to me. I was pleasantly surprised at the improvement when I raised to 36, but can see how some might find it a bit harsh.

I don't know if the touring has the same seat as my Mazda, but I'm old and I found that if I adjusted the seat just right, the ride was much more comfortable to me. I like the ride on my CX-5. Try adjusting the seat to fit you.

You had to get enough downhill speed to make the next hill and you wonder why we want more speed? [emoji848]
No Mazdas have the variable suspension thing you're talking about. You have to spend luxury car money for that feature.
Mazdas are stiffer then most crossovers in it's class. It's part of the whole driving dynamic thing. A tighter suspension helps reduce body roll in cornering. In theory. I don't know if Mazdas lean less then "cushier" brands.
Adjusting the tire pressure is in no way going to improve the ride enough to make you happy.
You're only real option is a new suspension.
I like the stiff suspension but there are time I wish I did have variable...like on my street. It's like driving on the moon and frankly kind of sucks in the Mazda.

shooter357, my 2014 touring with the Yokohamas was riding too harsh too often for me.My solution was new tires (at 3000 miles by the way).I put on General Altimax RT43 H rated P225 17,same size as original.Major difference (but run at 37 -38 psi -- 34 felt squishy and sloppy handling) in ride comfort and still handle well.They wear well and receive great reviews on this board and other websites.Well worth the money if you don't like your ride quality and you have the factory yokohamas.My car didn't need a new suspension and I doubt yours does either.The factory Yoko's are not well liked and don't wear the best.Just my experience. Jmaz

shooter357, my 2014 touring with the Yokohamas was riding too harsh too often for me.My solution was new tires (at 3000 miles by the way).I put on General Altimax RT43 H rated P225 17,same size as original.Major difference (but run at 37 -38 psi -- 34 felt squishy and sloppy handling) in ride comfort and still handle well.They wear well and receive great reviews on this board and other websites.Well worth the money if you don't like your ride quality and you have the factory yokohamas.My car didn't need a new suspension and I doubt yours does either.The factory Yoko's are not well liked and don't wear the best.Just my experience. Jmaz

Completely agree the Altimax RT43's run like absolute dogs*** in the handling and squishiness department at stock PSI. Firmed up a bit made it much better. I like a stiffer suspension.

Honestly OP, perhaps it was the wrong car choice if a softer more floaty suspension is what you are after?

Back