2016 GT with BOSE but without the sub

Snacks

Contributor
:
CX-5 AWD GT
I tried to search to see if this has been discussed but was not successful.

I just traded up to a 2016 GT w/ BOSE and I noticed at the dealer that there was no rear spare tire sub for the system. The sales man said that there were a few different speaker combinations with the BOSE and that this one did not have the rear sub but the 2016.5 did. I found that to be odd. Does anyone know if that could be true? I tried to do a VIN decode and it doesn't mention the speaker specs.

If the 2016 didn't come with the sub would the connection be there? ( I haven't looked yet)

In the specs pdf it says bose centerpoint with 9 speakers. does not mention sub exclusively but I am just speculating it has to have sub.
Its odd but somebody with 2016 gt can confirm how it is.

I tried to search to see if this has been discussed but was not successful.

I just traded up to a 2016 GT w/ BOSE and I noticed at the dealer that there was no rear spare tire sub for the system. The sales man said that there were a few different speaker combinations with the BOSE and that this one did not have the rear sub but the 2016.5 did. I found that to be odd. Does anyone know if that could be true? I tried to do a VIN decode and it doesn't mention the speaker specs.

If the 2016 didn't come with the sub would the connection be there? ( I haven't looked yet)

I'm pretty sure the 2016.5 doesn't have a spare tire sub either, unless it was added as an aftermarket option. Only the 2017+ have them.

My 2016 Touring with Bose doesn't have any connections back there. It's easy to add if that's what you want to do. Just pick up the PAC module, run some RCA modules, and a battery/ground wire and you're set.

I'm pretty sure the 2016.5 doesn't have a spare tire sub either, unless it was added as an aftermarket option. Only the 2017+ have them.

My 2016 Touring with Bose doesn't have any connections back there. It's easy to add if that's what you want to do. Just pick up the PAC module, run some RCA modules, and a battery/ground wire and you're set.
Wouldnt I already have a connection point since I have the Bose?

Last edited:
Bose or not, the 2016.5 CX-5 did NOT come from the factory with the spare tire subwoofer. That came with a later model year.

I have the 2016, not 2016.5, so I'm assuming we are all agreeing that the entire year of 2016 did not have the spare tire sub?

I have the 2016, not 2016.5, so I'm assuming we are all agreeing that the entire year of 2016 did not have the spare tire sub?

There was never an OEM spare tire subwoofer in a Mazda CX-5 2013-2016.5.
Not until the 2017 model year.
(headbang)

Last edited:
Back