CX-9 speaker locations?

:
Mitishi Outlander
Can someone tell me exactly where the 10 speakers are located in a Touring with the Tech pak ? Thanks

Dash left, center, right. Front doors low. Rear doors by handles, rear doors low. Sub in rear.

Guys.. I also wandering where is total 12 speakers. I can only point 10 which is 3 on dash, 2 on front doors, 2 on rear doors, 2 on the third row seat and 1 sub. I cannot find the other 2. Anyone figure it?

It's crazy how hard it is to find this info. Couldn't find it anywhere after a few mins searching google. Nothing listed on the Bose site or the Mazda USA site.

I think on the 2nd gen, the center dash speaker has a tweeter on either side of it (plus the other two speakers on the dash). So there are actually 5 in the dash, 2 in the front doors, 2 in the rear doors, 2 in the 3rd row and the sub. I don't know for sure though.

I asked Mazda sales rep and she also don't know where are the total 12 speakers hahaha.. Btw your tutorial for filling the sub with polyester fiber really works! Thanks Sm1ke.

No problem. If you ever do find out where those other 2 speakers are, please let us know! :)

Interesting article about the design of the audio system. There's a picture that shows 10 speaker locations. My guess is that the 2 left/right dash speakers have a tweeter and midrange that they're considering 2 separate speakers. I tried to pull up a parts diagram of the interior on a Mazda parts site but couldn't get a close up of the sound system.

Mazda CX9 Audio

Back