Second gear fixed mode

Colorado_2018

:
2018 CX5
This was posted in another thread but I can't find it.

I've confirmed this works exceptionally well. Simply go to manual shift, put it in second (under six mph) and it will stay in second (won't downshift into first). I think the intention is for slippery starts in snow, however, it's very useful in stop-and-go traffic or when creeping up an on-ramp to a highway.

I've noticed the car will lurch a bit at slow speeds when slowing and going, especially when the engine is cold. Second gear fixed mode helps this quite a bit.

I posted about second gear fixed mode in another thread before I really knew what it was and it was also posted recently in another thread, but again, can't find that one. If you have the lurch problem, try it out.

Another 18 "lurching" at slow speeds!
Any 17s doing that??? Or am I just lucky?

My '17 has never lurched at slow speeds. Now I'll be especially watchful of it. I've got almost 30,000 miles on the car now and would probably freak out if it starts doing it now.

This was posted in another thread but I can't find it.

I've confirmed this works exceptionally well. Simply go to manual shift, put it in second (under six mph) and it will stay in second (won't downshift into first). I think the intention is for slippery starts in snow, however, it's very useful in stop-and-go traffic or when creeping up an on-ramp to a highway.

I've noticed the car will lurch a bit at slow speeds when slowing and going, especially when the engine is cold. Second gear fixed mode helps this quite a bit.

I posted about second gear fixed mode in another thread before I really knew what it was and it was also posted recently in another thread, but again, can't find that one. If you have the lurch problem, try it out.

I am VERY curious if maybe THIS locks the diff up as much as possible even off throttle? That would be a really neat "hidden feature" for people who drive in the snow/ice.

dumb question but I assume you have to leave it in manual mode for this to work? Anyway to keep it starting in second in regular auto mode? (my BRZ has a switch for "snow" that lets the automatic transmission always start in second)

dumb question but I assume you have to leave it in manual mode for this to work? Anyway to keep it starting in second in regular auto mode? (my BRZ has a switch for "snow" that lets the automatic transmission always start in second)

Second gear fixed mode only works in manual mode and also will disengage if you shift up/down or if the computer forces a shift due to high RMP.

Back