Bluetooth module unresponsive

:
Mazda 5 Sport Nav
Hello forum.

I'm a new owner of the 5, loving it so far. But my Bluetooth unit is unresponsive. I have searched the forum and online and not found much strangely.

I got it to respond once after having disconnected the battery and unplugging the Bluetooth module. I foolishly didn't program it immediately because I wasn't expecting it to work (was the following day) and was in a hurry. But it's never worked again since. I've tried to replicate by removing fuse 7 to entertainment system and unplugging the module. But nothing worked.

Strangely the voice control doesn't work at all when the Bluetooth module is disconnected but it works for short hold commands when connected. However it doesn't recognise most commands and just responds with gibberish...

Do I need to reprogram/reset the unit, is it not communicating properly (bad connection) or does it need to be replaced?

I specifically chose this car for the factory Bluetooth rather than fitting aftermarket so I'd like to have it working if anybody can help please.

Thanks
Tyler

Well, somehow it's working. I decided I'd get an aftermarket unit but then my unit isn't compatible with the aftermarket kits so I removed it to see what was required. When I plugged it all back in it went through a restart sequence of some sort, connecting to all the extra modules so I thought I'd try the Bluetooth...

Blow me down its working perfectly and literally 30s after connecting I got a call and answered on the hands free. Really pleased.

So if anybody else has this problem, try removing and disconnecting the radio unit.

I did one other thing also, I plugged only the largest connector in above the green GPS plug and switched the unit on to open the disc drive and empty the unit. It did this but also said fault connecting or something, contact Mazda service engineer... I doubt that has an effect because it didn't he same reboot connection thing that time as when I plugged everything in but if it doesn't work for you, try unplugging all but the main power plug and switch the unit on first. I accept no responsibility if something goes wrong though.

Also, test it before reinstalling the unit and dash etc to make sure it's worked...

Back