'16 USB Not Charging Phone

:
2020 CX-5
Neither of the USB ports on '16 with Tech Package will charge my iPhone. I tried a Lightning cable from a home charger which does work and still no charging. I think a data connection is being made thru the USB cable. Is there a fuse somewhere I should be checking?

Thanks.

Is the display on and is the phone doing something like maps or Waze? The USB ports adhere strictly to the USB2 spec which doesn't deliver much power. Often there is enough to run the phone but not charge the battery but some power hungry phones may even lose charge while connected.

One solution is an accessory charger in the 12v socket that delivers at least 2 amps.

My vehicle has no rear seat USB ports.

Up until recently the front USB ports did put out enough power to charge the phone, even if the charge was slow. The problem with the 12V socket is that it is live all the time. Something has changed; it just haven't figured out what yet.

The two USB ports in the center console of the 2016's are NOT designed for charging your cell, they are for data only. These ports will not source the current required to charge most cell phones.

Don't believe me? Check out your owner's manual.

So how are people charging their phones? We rely on ours and this is a major problem on trips of any length.

The two USB ports in the center console of the 2016's are NOT designed for charging your cell, they are for data only. These ports will not source the current required to charge most cell phones.

Don't believe me? Check out your owner's manual.

So how are people charging their phones? We rely on ours and this is a major problem on trips of any length.

In the area designed for charging phones: the accessory socket.

There you go, the accessory socket that lives inside of the center armrest cubby.

Sorry for the late response- I didn't get an email from the forum. Thanks for this! I don't think we have a lighter socket in the console, but I'll check tomorrow for sure.

Thanks again.

My 2015 has two accessory sockets, one in the console, and one in the cubby hole in front of the trans shifter.

Back