Automatic trans can be shifted manually, correct?

Nobody tried installing paddles in the new generation CX5, yet?
On the previous gen, it was easy to install it.
attachment.php

View attachment 220372

Really? That sounds great, but it doesn't sound easy at all. I can't imagine how hard it would be to tie those paddles into the transmission. Maybe it's just me. I'm a total boob with electrical stuff.

The hardest part it was to remove the back of the steering wheel(where the buttons are), without damaging it. The rest it was simple. Push in a wire w/pin into an empty spot on a connector, route wires, plug in connectors into empty spots, etc. It's been a while, I don't remember how it went, but there are threads about this. On mine, I had to use even a Mazda 3 part.

I don't know of any other autos that WILL let you harm them via user error though..you?

To my knowledge my Infiniti wont upshift on its own in manual mode, but it will down shift when slowing down for a stop. Now, I have no desire to actually test this but Im positive I read it somewhere.

Additionally, there were a few times when I tried shifting into 2nd after a stop but was pushing the shifter in the wrong direction because I was still used to the opposite setup in my CX5. It never upshifted and left me driving at like 7,000 rpm in first... looking like a total tool. Lol.

Last edited:
Back