Hyundai Santa fe?

Most importantly the CX5 does NOT compete with the SantaFe... it competes with the Tuscon.

? Based on price and the fact that it is the other vehicle I'm interested means that they are competing with each other right now..... Tuscon is even smaller than the cx5... Size is one of the reasons why I'm considering the Santa fe... Thanks for the great helpful response to my original question🙄

When u mention cross shopping the SantaFe with the CX5... they really don't compare based on size, passenger space etc. That's all I was saying. The Tuscon is the CX5's direct competitor in the class...in this case... NO comparison

When u mention cross shopping the SantaFe with the CX5... they really don't compare based on size, passenger space etc. That's all I was saying. The Tuscon is the CX5's direct competitor in the class...in this case... NO comparison

So no comparison meaning one is way better than the other? I'm not quite sure why ur saying that there's no comparison?? Thanks!

Well, in that case, the CR-V does not compete with the CX-5. Their interior space is more on par with the Santa Fe.

I'm not sure I'm understanding..... I don't want a 3rd row seat and the Tucson does not interest me.... So I'm looking at the cx5 and the Santa fe, this is the comparison I looking for... Looking for opinions on these 2 vehicles, not the cx9 and not the Tuscon. Thanks

I'm not sure I'm understanding..... I don't want a 3rd row seat and the Tucson does not interest me.... So I'm looking at the cx5 and the Santa fe, this is the comparison I looking for... Looking for opinions on these 2 vehicles, not the cx9 and not the Tuscon. Thanks

Maybe just ignore the posters that are having a hard time understanding this. :)

I would agree with this based on the fact that Mazda already has the bigger infotainment system out in the 3, I would imagine that they would throw it in most of their vehicles for the '20 model year....

I wouldn't count on this, just based on Mazda's own fairly-recent history.

The current (at least on CX-5) Mazda Connect system launched in the 2014 Mazda3, and wasn't added to the CX-5 until 2016. The Mazda6 also got the new system for its 2016 model.

Maybe Mazda will be faster this time around, but I wouldn't count on it. In fact, I'm not: as someone who's in the market right now and would really like the new system, I have zero expectation that if I wait a few extra months it'll appear on the 2020 model. I've accepted that my choices are to either buy a CX-5 with the exact same entertainment system that's in my 2014 Mazda3, buy another Mazda3 for the new entertainment system and keep wishing for more storage space, or leave the brand.

While the bigger screen would be better, I'd be curious to know if the new system actually loads up faster? Took delivery of my '19 GTR last week and am loving it. However I can get a mile or two down the road before the infotainment system is fully loaded up and ready to go.

I also noted that my phone contacts load up EVERY TIME I get in the car. Since it's both my work and personal phone, there are a lot of contacts and it takes forever to load them in. My phone is the only one paired to the car so I'm wondering why it doesn't sync and store the numbers over, so it only would need to deal with changes going forward.

Once everything is loaded up and ready to go, I'm happy with it's performance and operation. I do tend to use Carplay more than anything else.

Well I test drove the Santa fe 2.0 turbo fwd... Wow that turbo is TERRIBLE with lag... I'm talking a full second + to finally get going... The seats are nice, the infotainment screen is nice but there is a 1/2 to 3/4 inch border around the actual display so the "8 inch" display really is more close to 7 true inches when you count the dead space. Pana roof was very nice, back seat room very nice as well as cargo space... But with no kids and me just looking for a nice comfortable ride I don't need all the extra space although it's always nice to have... I think the 2.5l turbo of the cx5 spoiled me

Maybe just ignore the posters that are having a hard time understanding this. :)

No. We get it. But on paper these vehicles are not in the same class. That's all we are saying.

The Kona compete with the CX-3
The Tuscon competes with the CX5
The Sante Fe competes with the CX9

This what I thought, at least. Although if OP thinks the CX5 is a Santa Fe competitor... well I think that speaks volumes about Mazda. ;)

No. We get it. But on paper these vehicles are not in the same class. That's all we are saying.

This what I thought, at least. Although if OP thinks the CX5 is a Santa Fe competitor... well I think that speaks volumes about Mazda. ;)

The Kona may be the same size as the CX3, but in every other way it's in a whole 'nother league in the top trim levels.

No, it's really not. I don't dislike the Kona but CX3 top trim to Kona top trim is hardly 'nother league'.
The only Kona advantage is the "Ultimate" comes with a 1.6L 175 hp turbo engine. A turbo engine with 25+ more HP surely would be nice in the CX3. Probably more roomy inside.

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/kona/index.aspx

The Santa Fe competes with BOTH the CX-5 and CX-9 because Mazda doesnt currently offer a larger 5-person crossover. I personally cross shopped it with the CX-5, and youll find all sorts of online discussions where people list both cars as part of their shopping research. The lines between crossovers are blurring with companies putting out so many options.

I for one think its very likely Mazda will have 8.8 in screen in all of their upcoming vehicles. Mazda, like alot of smaller maunfacturers, does not have the resource to do R&D and produce compoments for each model so instead all parts are heavily shared to save cost so it only make sense for them to stick to the 8.8in with the new infortainment system imo.

Thanks for the responses to all!! I can wait another year, my current car is running just fine, do we think that the '20 cx5 will include the new infotainment? Or are we all in the dark till its announced by Mazda?

So the concensus on the Santa fe is all good minus the turbo lag? Any other opinions on this? Thanks again!

Back