Need help locating shift cable end bushing

Griznant

:
Mazda 5 6MT
Need help locating shift cable end bushing

Hello everyone!

I wouldnt normally join a forum and immediately start asking questions but Im in a real jam. My wifes car (12 Mazda5 6MT) suffered a shifter failure. The reverse lockout plateon the bottom of the shifter broke due to the extreme cold and in the process of repairing that (which was successful), I managed to break one of the end link pieces on the shift cable. It looks like the part was originally friction welded together and I dont have a good solution to fixing this.

The design is hokey at best, and Ive searched high and low trying to find a replacement, upgrade, or an idea on how to repair, but am coming up short. It seems to only be available as part of the total cable package for $250+.

Ive discovered that this part is shared with several other Mazdas and was hoping someone might have a lead on a replacement source or upgrade option. Can anyone point me in a good direction? I appreciate any help you can offer. We bought the car new almost eight years and 164k miles ago and this is the ONLY thing that ever failed!

Thanks in advance,

Grant

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 202
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 215
Back