Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 234

Thread: Any cross shopping with the 2019 RAV4?

  1. #61
    Registered Member
    Donated: $15

    2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ABE area, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    Wait...0w16 oil?

    Not seeing a trans dipstick, are these "sealed" as well?

  2. #62
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeelanwar View Post
    Sorry didn*t mean my post to sound critical. The CX5 signature is my favorite car ATM. I just think it looks like a luxury vehicle from a far, especially in that trim and in gray, silver, black colors.
    Whats wrong with that?

  3. #63
    Registered Member

    17 Mazda 6 GT

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Yep, Toyota's new Dynamic Force engines use even thinner 0W-16 oil!
    If you're having trouble finding that weight of oil, just go to a Honda dealer and ask them to drain the oil out of a CR-V.
    It will be diluted to at least 0W-16. Maybe even thinner...They'll give it to you for real cheap too.

  4. #64
    Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colo-fornia
    Posts
    5,263
    Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    Not seeing a trans dipstick, are these "sealed" as well?
    Not sure, but to be fair, can't see the CX-5 transmission dipstick from this view either since it is hidden under the airbox.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 85k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

  5. #65

  6. #66
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Posts
    1,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    If you're having trouble finding that weight of oil, just go to a Honda dealer and ask them to drain the oil out of a CR-V.
    It will be diluted to at least 0W-16. Maybe even thinner...They'll give it to you for real cheap too.
    Friend: "What type of oil do you use in your Honda?"
    CR-V owner: "87"

    Friend: "You use 87 weight oil?!?!?!?!?"
    CR-V owner: "No, man. Not 87 weight. 87 octane."

  7. #67
    Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colo-fornia
    Posts
    5,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    Friend: "What type of oil do you use in your Honda?"
    CR-V owner: "87"

    Friend: "You use 87 weight oil?!?!?!?!?"
    CR-V owner: "No, man. Not 87 weight. 87 octane."
    In the case of a CR-V, this wouldn't be too far from the truth on what's in their oil after a while.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #68
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    17
    I probably hope that Mazda won't fall in another pitfall after introducing a Turbo in their Skyactive engine. One of the selling point for the Skyactive is fuel efficiency. Previous model replaced by the CX-5 was the CX-7 with 2.2 turbo engine was notorious for having poor gas mileage.

  9. #69
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by geneborj View Post
    I probably hope that Mazda won't fall in another pitfall after introducing a Turbo in their Skyactive engine. One of the selling point for the Skyactive is fuel efficiency. Previous model replaced by the CX-5 was the CX-7 with 2.2 turbo engine was notorious for having poor gas mileage.
    honestly, maybe i'm in the minority, but getting 24mpg compared to 27 is meaningless to me.

  10. #70
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,846
    Quote Originally Posted by geneborj View Post
    I probably hope that Mazda won't fall in another pitfall after introducing a Turbo in their Skyactive engine. One of the selling point for the Skyactive is fuel efficiency. Previous model replaced by the CX-5 was the CX-7 with 2.2 turbo engine was notorious for having poor gas mileage.
    My 2019 2.5 Turbo gets better mileage than my 2015 CX5 did.

  11. #71
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    8,081

    Any cross shopping with the 2019 RAV4?

    Quote Originally Posted by geneborj View Post
    I probably hope that Mazda won't fall in another pitfall after introducing a Turbo in their Skyactive engine. One of the selling point for the Skyactive is fuel efficiency. Previous model replaced by the CX-5 was the CX-7 with 2.2 turbo engine was notorious for having poor gas mileage.
    CX-7 was doomed to fall is because of its reliability on 2.2L turbo, not because of its poor gas mileage.

  12. #72
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,846
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    CX-7 was doomed to fall is because of its reliability on 2.2L turbo, not because of its poor gas mileage.
    It also had other issues, such as overall reliability, nothing that really "stood out", and being from a small company with low market footprint. Every car Mazda makes needs to be an insta-hit. Every car it doesn't make one with, it chops, for sensible reasons. Look at the Mazdas we see. They are all very highly rated in their segment. It's not because Mazda makes only good cars, it's because they have to have the marketing sense to kill the ones that aren't very quickly to stay afloat, because they cannot afford a "loss leader" type product like some other companies can.

  13. #73
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    299
    I sat in a couple of the RAV4ís thatís Toyota had on display at the NY Auto Show. I was rather impressed with the interior quality. The past two generations of RAV4 were horrible with cheap plastic everywhere, but not this version.

    The interior in photos looks cheap, but itís not.

    The exterior look is growing on me. One was following me on the highway the other day, in a dark blue color, and it was rather attractive, in its own way.

    I have yet to drive one, but from the looks and interior quality, Toyota seems to have a hit on their hands.

    FWIW, i drove a CR-V EX-L and was not impressed. I donít think the 1.5L is as special as reviews say it is. I had to floor it to get it to move, and it was noisy.

  14. #74
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    14
    I am currently in the market for a new vehicle, and I am currently comparing the CX-5, RAV4 and Forester. I have only driven a used '17 FWD GT CX-5 at a Hyundai dealership and a New RAV4 XLE that was across the street. Tomorrow I plan to test drive a new AWD CX-5 and I was going to look at a Forster Sport but the dealer I wanted to visit will be closed tomorrow.

    I like the new look of the RAV4, and I especially like the Lunar Rock color that they have. The interior I thought was nice, and I loved the center console and shifter. It had cargo mats in the back and roof racks/crossbars which is something I am looking for, so that may have swayed my decision in the RAV4 direction a more than expected, but at the price point ($33K) I feel like it should not have cloth seats and is lacking Android Auto. The drive was alright, felt smooth but I wasn't wowed by the feel of the drive. I did enjoy all of the safety features, but I am coming from a 2010 Insight with nothing, and I'm sure the Mazda will have almost all the same features. I was only behind the wheel for 3-5 minutes.

    The '17 FWD GT CX-5 didn't blow me away either, but overall I felt like the interior was further ahead of the RAV4. I like the sportier look, and the "off road" driving I will do will be mostly at campsites and such so I'm not too worried about clearance and such, but would like the "outdoor" features. Most of this will be a daily driver in a rural area with trips to a city, work is a 10 minute drive and it's pretty much stop and go that takes up a majority of the time. I am debating if I want the turbo, or if it's just something that is going to be a nice to have - I plan to drive both tomorrow.

  15. #75
    Registered Member

    2016 CX-5 (white), 2019 CX-5(red), 2019 Miata (white)

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by whatisthispower View Post
    I am currently in the market for a new vehicle, and I am currently comparing the CX-5, RAV4 and Forester. I have only driven a used '17 FWD GT CX-5 at a Hyundai dealership and a New RAV4 XLE that was across the street. Tomorrow I plan to test drive a new AWD CX-5 and I was going to look at a Forster Sport but the dealer I wanted to visit will be closed tomorrow.

    I like the new look of the RAV4, and I especially like the Lunar Rock color that they have. The interior I thought was nice, and I loved the center console and shifter. It had cargo mats in the back and roof racks/crossbars which is something I am looking for, so that may have swayed my decision in the RAV4 direction a more than expected, but at the price point ($33K) I feel like it should not have cloth seats and is lacking Android Auto. The drive was alright, felt smooth but I wasn't wowed by the feel of the drive. I did enjoy all of the safety features, but I am coming from a 2010 Insight with nothing, and I'm sure the Mazda will have almost all the same features. I was only behind the wheel for 3-5 minutes.

    The '17 FWD GT CX-5 didn't blow me away either, but overall I felt like the interior was further ahead of the RAV4. I like the sportier look, and the "off road" driving I will do will be mostly at campsites and such so I'm not too worried about clearance and such, but would like the "outdoor" features. Most of this will be a daily driver in a rural area with trips to a city, work is a 10 minute drive and it's pretty much stop and go that takes up a majority of the time. I am debating if I want the turbo, or if it's just something that is going to be a nice to have - I plan to drive both tomorrow.
    Buy a CX-5 GT, which has great handling and plenty of power for a vehicle of its size/weight. Really a well balanced , great driving compact SUV.
    I've been driving a CX-5's for going on 5 years in a city with steep hills as well as very congested freeway's, not once have I desired "more power" and, or, a turbo.
    Regarding the Rav 4, my opinion is that its drive characteristics are heavy and sluggish, not at all nimble and fun to drive like a CX-5.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 CX5 vs 2019 Rav4
    By Lbear in forum CX-5 General
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-31-2019, 10:45 AM
  2. Cross shopping cx-9 with Lexus rx350l and Acura MDX
    By vtecman in forum CX-9 General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-18-2019, 03:22 PM
  3. Cross-shopping the CX-9 - looking for opinions!
    By Siper2 in forum CX-9 General
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 03:06 PM
  4. Cross shopping MP3 vs. Tiburon I4 and MSP vs. TibV6
    By Rotary_Powered in forum Lounge
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
  5. online wheel shopping, need more shopping ideas...
    By element.8 in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 01:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •