Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Any cross shopping with the 2019 RAV4?

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Thats every cuv.
    Can't really agree with that.

2019 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson View Post
    Subaru is smaller than Mazda and sells twice as many vehicles as Mazda. Size of company has nothing to do with it.
    Subaru sells many more cars in the U.S., true. About double.

However, Mazda still sells many more cars globally. http://carsalesbase.com/global-car-sales-2018/

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    Can't really agree with that.

Lol, that proves the point. They're all the same. Shooting brake concept with company specific headlight and bumper configuration.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Lol, that proves the point. They're all the same. Shooting brake concept with company specific headlight and bumper configuration.
    I thought your point was all CUV's looked the same and made you appear "anonymous". Jaguar and Maserati do not fit that mold, IMO.

Registered Member

Mazda CX5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    I tell you what.

I hate the way Toyota has that configurator set up. Trying to get what you want--and figuring out the differences between a dozen variations--is insanity.

And it seems that each of the myriad variants is missing at least one thing that you want.
    Toyota and their add-ons / packages are the worst. They should just list kitchen sink, and be done with it. I still remember a few years back looking at one dealer, who was apparently preparing for the big one, because every car had a first aid kit in them.

Go to the inventory search, they won't tell you what dealer has what, but you'll get to see that there isn't a single XLE Hybrid, for example that doesn't have a package in your general area. Or, there's no Limited without the Entune upgrade. You have to factory order the damn things to get nothing on the damn things.

The hybrid is a hit, good car, gonna be a couple more hybrids this year, explorer, maybe CRV hybrid, so the competition is going to get tougher in this segment.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    I thought your point was all CUV's looked the same and made you appear "anonymous". Jaguar and Maserati do not fit that mold, IMO.
    I think they do. Saw a Levante at work the other day and it actually looked pretty tame. Same for the jags. They're all the same unless you're "into cars".

2019 Mazda CX-5, GT-R

I didn't cross shop the Rav4 but I did just spend 22 days driving one as the CX-5 was in the body shop. (a tale for another day)

My impressions of the Rav4
    it feels big. Bigger than it is and that's not necessarily a good thing. It definitely has more cargo room and the driver seat seems to go back further than the CX-5 (which for a guy 6'5 I welcomed that)
    But honestly that's really where the plusses end.

Suspension is soft and doesn't inspire any confidence at all in a turn under medium load.
    No Android Auto, instead it wanted me to download some Toyota app suite that as a 1 star rating. No thanks.
    8 speed? Why Toyota.
    Oh and why SO many different colors on the dash? I missed the simplistic approach Mazda took. this thing has orange, green, blue, white, etc. Just seems like they didn't put much thought into the subtle pieces of this vehicle.

would I recommend one?
    If you needed more cargo room and MPG was high on your list, Yeah I might. It's an upgrade to the old rav4 but if want a touch more class and a sportier car we all know what the better choice is.

side note: put over 3,000 miles on it and it averaged around 32 mpg in mixed driving so gotta give Toyoyta credit for that. (although it did seem underpowered)

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX 5 GT Turbo

All I know is I had Rav4 yes it had cargo space, went to a Forester yes it had cargo space and a good awd system and now I'm sitting in the CX 5 GT Turbo. IMHO it the best of the 3. I will say from pure driving enjoyment, the CX 5 wins hands down. Not that the others were bad, just CX 5 is better. Also the difference in mpg over the difference in experience is worth the extra few dollars cost.

2019 Mazda CX-5, GT-R

^^^ yup.
    also, getting back into my CX-5 last night I was reminded how quiet the interior (and engine) is compared to the Rav4.

Registered Member

Mazda CX5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
    I didn't cross shop the Rav4 but I did just spend 22 days driving one as the CX-5 was in the body shop. (a tale for another day)

My impressions of the Rav4
    it feels big. Bigger than it is and that's not necessarily a good thing. It definitely has more cargo room and the driver seat seems to go back further than the CX-5 (which for a guy 6'5 I welcomed that)
    But honestly that's really where the plusses end.

Suspension is soft and doesn't inspire any confidence at all in a turn under medium load.
    No Android Auto, instead it wanted me to download some Toyota app suite that as a 1 star rating. No thanks.
    8 speed? Why Toyota.
    Oh and why SO many different colors on the dash? I missed the simplistic approach Mazda took. this thing has orange, green, blue, white, etc. Just seems like they didn't put much thought into the subtle pieces of this vehicle.

would I recommend one?
    If you needed more cargo room and MPG was high on your list, Yeah I might. It's an upgrade to the old rav4 but if want a touch more class and a sportier car we all know what the better choice is.

side note: put over 3,000 miles on it and it averaged around 32 mpg in mixed driving so gotta give Toyoyta credit for that. (although it did seem underpowered)
    They shouldnít even sell the gas version at this point except for rentals. The hybrid is better in every way: quieter, faster and better MPG.

Registered Member

2001 Mazda Protege

I happened to rent, for several hundred miles, both modelís gas engine trims this past summer, and the results couldnít have been more striking.

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

New Rav4 failed the moose test. LOL.

Official Defender of Zamdatm

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    ah man any link to that? Still have Rav4 on our radar in 2 years but want to see its moose test limits.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3qrCNR4U9A&t=69s
    https://youtu.be/mnV8SLkUSPw
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 09-12-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    ah man any link to that? Still have Rav4 on our radar in 2 years but want to see its moose test limits.
    Abysmal. The T guys (I cant spell) got it at 67kmh, the km77 guys got it at 71, after multiple tries. Both looked horrible. The cx5 was tested at 78, I believe, by km77.
    Km77 got 68kmh out of a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on full blown offroad tires for crying out loud!
    The new RAV is...scary, watching both channels moose tests!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast