New owner - bad batch!

mzcx5

:
Mazda CX5 2.2L Sport
Hi All,

I've just been reading with some interest (or should I say worry) about the camshaft issues, since my newly purchased 2013 CX-5 falls into the bad range of vin numbers. Perhaps I should have researched this car a bit more! (nailbyt)

The car was purchased last week from a dealer under their Used Approved scheme, which means it has 12 months warranty on it. Should I be taking any steps now to try and protect myself from any future issues?

I've already experienced the gearstick judder in 6th gear at around 70mph, though that's only happened once so I need to test some more to see how consistently this happens.

Thanks.

I think youre fine, nothing you can do besides regularly scheduled maintenance. I got a 2013 when they were first released. 63k miles and counting, no issues to date (knock on wood). Not under warranty anymore and I own it outright.

Do you happen to have the 2.2 diesel? I have the 2.0 gasoline, so camshaft and judder issues is news to me.

Last edited:
He's talking about diesel engine issues Ruth. Totally different animal than your (and mine!) 2.0 gas engine.

My b. Info is so limited on the diesel here So I wouldnt know where to start 🙁

Back