2018 Cx5 GT lack of power very weird issue!

:
2018 cx5 GT
Today when I went onto the highway to go uptown about a 15 min drive. I went to floor it to pass someone and the car bearly accelerated it felt like it was down about 100 hp it just seemed to rev up so slow also no check engine lite on either. When I go to a stop sign I floored it again to see and it went so slow and when it shifted it jerked ahead pretty hard. Just seemed to labour bad. Went to my appointment and same thing on the way home.
When I went out about half hour later to go shopping it was perfect again thing pushed me back into the seat like normal. Anyone had this problem or if there is any tsbs? Ill tell the dealer when I go in next week also to get my new motor mount replaced from freezing up and see if they find anything.
Thanks

Interesting. I sometimes get the feeling my 2018 transmission is slipping. Had it in once for what I think is unsmooth shifting. All OK. Please post if you hear anything. Drive is not like my 2015 was.

Probably perception. Ive felt like my vehicles are weak before, too, when racing or passing or whatever. Its similar to cutting yourself and being excited over it and not feeling it so much.

Interesting. I sometimes get the feeling my 2018 transmission is slipping. Had it in once for what I think is unsmooth shifting. All OK. Please post if you hear anything. Drive is not like my 2015 was.

Ya it was weird it just felt like the car was missing about 100 hp. Going up a medium grade up to my appointment on the highway. Punched it at 90km and it took about a minute before it got to 100 just reved away and not much happened. normally it takes about 5 seconds on the same stretch. It was weird way down on power. Mind you it*s been very cold and my engine was vibrating from the frozen motor mount which I*m getting replaced Tuesday. Maybe the knock sensor was affected and pulled power? When I went back out it was smoother and warmer out mount must have thawed out and power was back to normal. Vibration was for about a week and a half very cold here. First time I punched it was yesterday so who knows. I*ll get them to check codes and tsbs when I*m in also.

Mine has been like this for the last week as our temps have been well below zero the whole time. I'm pretty confident at this point that this is "normal" behavior and that the ECU is severely pulling timing to protect the engine until the oil reaches a normal operating temp.

Mine has been like this for the last week as our temps have been well below zero the whole time. I'm pretty confident at this point that this is "normal" behavior and that the ECU is severely pulling timing to protect the engine until the oil reaches a normal operating temp.

If coolant is too low temp it will indeed do so. It can throw a code for that specifically too.

Ya it has been -20 the past couple weeks and it feels like it has about 50 hp completely gutless. That*s after driving it only 10 min but still it almost had no power, no codes either. Warmed up a bit and it*s fine now. Also getting my mount replaced tomorrow.

I wonder if the frozen motor mount had anything to do with it. It*s possible the vibration caused the knock sensor to pull timing with all the vibration inside the motor it*s possible? Mine vibrated at idle so bad I thought the interior was going to fall apart and the rear view camera even vibrated lol, you could feel it while at speed but not that much more so at idle, but either way. As soon as mine smoothed out after the mount thawed a bit the power was back.
Also today was -18 and I drove a couple min the punched it to see and it had full power. The vibration wasn*t there either as it has been warmer the day before and thawed a bit. So who knows

Last edited:
Back