tires manufacturing date...

Normally, no. But I'm a very low mileage driver on some vehicles so I've seen some sidewall cracking in the past. Meaning the tire was suspect and replaced them for time not mileage. But that was well beyond 10 years. The Toyo's are good for about 30k I hear. It's Japanese made. And there's a warranty. So I think you'll use them up well before there's any aging issues. It is weird the tire is 4 years old.

The actual DOT that shows the date looks different on the tire as it's a plate they change in the mold at time of manufacturing. Compare the DOT code on both sides of the tire.

I highly doubt a newly purchased 2017 in 2017 would have tires from 2014 unless someone swapped tires to pull a quick one prior to delivery.

Car manufacturers use just in time production and don't have storage space to keep tires. Normally the DOT date is within a few weeks to a month when the vehicle was built.

sorry guys

that's my mistake, my apology
i attached a jpg took this morning from a tire, all four have the same.

20190209_135619.jpg

looks like i have to read the longer one after the DOT N3T4

Last edited:
No problem, it's all good. The tire manufactures only have to put the date on one side, so often it will be on the inside. So you've got tires made during the 17th week of 2017. Good to go.

Back