Fuse location

:
CX 5 GT AWD
I need to replace the cigarette lighter/12v socket fuse on my 2016 Cx5 GT. I know there are 2 fuse boxes. Which box would the fuse be located? In the engine under the hood or inside near the foot pedal?

Okay, so I looked inside the fuse box-cant find it. Called dealer-they have no idea where or which number fuse it is. Not labeled. took several out and tested-they were working. Totally clueless on where the blown fuse is.

You won't find anything marked "cigarette lighter" - they're called "accessory sockets."

There are three of them - you didn't indicate which one you're having trouble with. There's a list in your owner's manual - it looks like the fuse numbers are 52 (in the engine compartment), 3 or 9 (in the kick panel).

You won't find anything marked "cigarette lighter" - they're called "accessory sockets."

There are three of them - you didn't indicate which one you're having trouble with. There's a list in your owner's manual - it looks like the fuse numbers are 52 (in the engine compartment), 3 or 9 (in the kick panel).

Im trying to fix the cigarette/12 volt socket inside the console. The dealer also suggested fuse 52 in the engine but there are no fuses marked either 52 or 51. The highest is 50.

Went to dealer-they still had no clue. I figured it out on my own. I ended up taking out and testing all 15a fuses in both fuse boxes. In case anyone needs to replace it, the fuse is located in the engine fuse box 3rd down on the left.

Went to dealer-they still had no clue. I figured it out on my own. I ended up taking out and testing all 15a fuses in both fuse boxes. In case anyone needs to replace it, the fuse is located in the engine fuse box 3rd down on the left.

Thanks for sharing that. Wonder why your dealer couldn't figure it out, it's pretty basic. If you want it done right, you've got to do it yourself!

Looking at the 17 manual, the fuse you describe is indeed #52, labeled "outlet" and "accessory sockets".

But what's funny is that it's supposed to be 25 amp, not 15! Maybe that was the source of your problem. Was a 15 in there after all?

It's snowing too hard to check mine right now.

On the 2016 its only 15amp. The reason it was so hard to find was that on the 2016 we only have 2 usb ports in the front. Only 12volt/cigarette lighter is hidden at the bottom in the center console storage and trunk (2 total). They r all labeled accessory outlets both in the engine fuse box and interior (driver side) fuse box. Nothing to differentiate between them.

Back