Cargo Space??

Mybubbles65

:
Cx 5 grand touring
I have a cx5. Can someone tell me if I will be able to fit a 40 diameter kitchen table and four chairs into it? Table top will be removed from pedestal base. Its a 90 minute drive to get it and dont want to get there and find out it wont fit.

I'd suggest getting the old tape measure out and seeing for yourself. This all depends on the chair and pedestal size, of course, but here's what I would try.

Fold down the second row, place 2 chairs on the cargo floor by laying them flat, with one chair flipped upside down so that the seat bottoms of each chair are facing each other. Load the table top diagonally, over the 2 nested chairs. Put a blanket or two over the tabletop, then load the two remaining chairs on top of the tabletop, nesting them together. Pedestal can go in the front seat (or maybe in the back if you flip the passenger side seat back forward and slide the seat up as far as it can go.

What year CX5 do you have?

I have a 2014 CX5 and my "cargo" measurements are these with the rear seats folded down.

Narrowest width of the cargo area is 41" wide, between the rear wheel wells.
Length is about 65" from the inside of the hatch to the back of the front seats.
Height at it's lowest point is about 32" tall. This is roughly where the cargo opening is, as the ceiling slopes upwards and gets taller as you go into the cargo area from the rear.

Based on this, it seems like you can lay the table top flat down on the cargo floor and place the chairs on top. Removing the table pedestal can make the cargo space more efficient for chair placement.

2013-2016.5 cx5 are the same generation, so the cargo area should be the same.

Would be good to double check the minimum width of the distance between your wheel wells. If the table can lay flat there, I would think it will leave plenty of space for 4 chairs laying down with the seat bottoms facing each other on top.

Depends on the table/chairs probably. I'd get out the old tape measure and see.

That said...I have fit a 48" desk top in the back with seats down no problem, but because of the width it was not flat, and was laying in diagonally.

If I were you I'd be looking at the rest of the dimensions of that table and the chairs. I think it will all depend on if it can go flat or not.

How could we possibly know this without knowing how big the chairs are?

Latest posts

Back