Smart city brake system

MRV

:
Mazda cx 5
The Mazda is equipped with SCBS including CX 5.
I read about 2019 that has Advanced SCBS front and rear wheels while 2018 has only SCBS with only front wheels.

Does CX5 2019 realy has different SCBS to 2018?

Last edited:
I don't think these systems are specific to the front or rear wheels.

However, there are definitely differences between SCBS and Advanced SCBS. Not sure about the differences between the years, but you can just look up to see which trim and year combination has which system available.

For 2019, it looks like SCBS is standard on the Sport trim. While the Touring trim and up get Advanced SCBS.

SCBS is just a low speed (19mph and under?) automatic braking system that uses lasers at the top of the windshield to detect potential crashes.

Advanced SCBS utilizes a radar sensor in the grill and a camera at the top of the windshield to provide automatic braking at higher speeds. Because of the additional sensors, it also meant that you get adaptive cruise control, pedestrian detection and lane departure detection and lane keep assist.

I don't think these systems are specific to the front or rear wheels.

However, there are definitely differences between SCBS and Advanced SCBS. Not sure about the differences between the years, but you can just look up to see which trim and year combination has which system available.

For 2019, it looks like SCBS is standard on the Sport trim. While the Touring trim and up get Advanced SCBS.

SCBS is just a low speed (19mph and under?) automatic braking system that uses lasers at the top of the windshield to detect potential crashes.

Advanced SCBS utilizes a radar sensor in the grill and a camera at the top of the windshield to provide automatic braking at higher speeds. Because of the additional sensors, it also meant that you get adaptive cruise control, pedestrian detection and lane departure detection and lane keep assist.

Advanced SCBS isn't tied to the radar used for MRCC. For example we have the Advanced SCBS on the two top specs Cx-3 in Denmark but only the top spec has MRCC.
And he's correct that there is a front SCBS and read SCBS. The front Advacned SCBS works up to 80 kmh and detects pedestrians and cyclist where as the rear SCBS works when reversing between 2-8 kmh.
What the radar provides, besides adaptive cruise control, is SBS (Smart Brake Support) which works up to 200 kmh in Europe and I think 145 kmh in the US. The SBS also uses the front camera.

Back