outside door handle pockets

:
Mazda CX-5 Signature
Obviously I don't know what to call these and have been searching but cannot find them. My CX is black and I know it is just a matter of time before my finger nails and WIFES will start marring the pocket behind the outside door handles. I thought I saw some but can only find the chrome handle covers. I want something lining the pocket behind the handle. Does anyone make something for this application??? AS always Thank You

After receiving noticeable scratches in the door handle pockets of my black BMW I had my XPel installer add film in the door handle pockets of every new car.
No scratch problems since that time.

XPEL installer???? What or who is that???
XPel is a brand of paint protection film that I have applied to part or all of my cars.
On the CX-5, the front end, headlights, back of outside mirrors, door edges, door handle pockets, and top of the rear bumper have the film.
The company is based in San Antonio and has a factory store here in Austin.
I*ve used them for multiple cars including the aforementioned BMW, several Mazdas, and a couple of Porsches.
The film is self-healing for the most part ... and has absorbed many debris strikes that would surely have taken huge chips out of paint on each of the cars.

i also apply paint protection on all my cars.
front bumper, hood, headlights, side view mirror housing, rear bumper, door edges and door handle pockets.
car stays and looks new.

I don't expect it necessarily to be a problem with a darker color vehicle, but just FYI that my dealer pre-installed supposedly Mazda OEM paint protection on my Crystal Pearl white 2016. Within the last year or so (bought summer 2015), the film in the door handle depressions has noticeably yellowed and I'm thinking about removing those. Interestingly, the film on the front/hood and back of the car has not yellowed at all (in spite of the hood being in direct sunlight), but it is a much thinner material. It is possible those are the OEM MZD products, and the door film is something different.

Same concern here so I got these while visiting Taiwan

k39oxx.jpg

more on my Instagram:
www.instagram.com/cx555gt

Last edited:
My car is so scratched there from wedding rings. It pretty sad. And I know it's not just mine. Seen it on a few CX5. It's $13 bucks to try. Make it black somehow. If it sucks I won't apply them.

Back