windshield wiper not working

badfsr

:
Mazda 3 2015
Hi I just recently bought a Mazda 3. The windshield wipers aren't working. The rear wipers work fine.

Also the wiper fluid doesn't work either. I have checked all fuses, they're all fine. plz help

Did you try all stalk settings - auto, intermittent, slow, and fast? If you could disconnect the wiring connector to the wiper motor, you could determine if power is at that connector. If it is, the wiper motor could be at fault. If there is no power, then the switch could be the culprit. This is unlikely, so perhaps the connector is loose.

Could you provide more info? What year is it? Mileage? Can you get your ear close to the motor and have someone move the stalk to see if there's any sound to help diagnose?

The symptoms are strange because if the front wipers and fluid aren't working, I'd say it's a bad switch or connection at the steering column. But you say the rear works so that tends to negate that theory. They're on the same stalk, correct?

I agree, the connector seems the most likely culprit, although I'm perplexed as to why the connector would have come loose... You'll have to remove the plastic cowl at the base of the windshield to check an test for power. There could also be a loose ground or broken wire in the harness. It's entirely possible that the washer pump and wiper motor are separate issues.

The only option is to check continuity of ground and power for the wiper motor and pump at each connection in the circuit.

Sounds loose contacts or connections to me either. We usually start with re-sitting the fuses.

Back