Straight Pipes Review of 2019 CX-5 Signature ... "very front wheel drivey"

husker_soze

:
CX-5
I actually like these guys from up north...probably more for their entertainment factor.

I'm actually surprised that Yuri loved the infotainment.

Jakub thinks its "front wheel drivey" and "under-steery" (uhm), but do love the power and tranny.

Also them complaining about the tires (noise)

Enjoy.

Improved infotainment is a nice + but wish you could upgrade the memory or processor, almost a minute to load every time you start up stinks.

I test drove a Sport yesterday, liked the standard engine and ride! I'm getting Sport because I can't stand all the Nanny Tech, I really only want a rear camera.

Changing lanes on the busy freeway, the blind spot alerts were already BUGGING ME! The cars were way back there, I know cause I just passed them.

You can turn the ALERT noise down or off, but does it keep that setting when you turn the car on and off? Could not deal, if you have to remember to turn it OFF every time you get in the car..

Ended up with the touring with the optional package(wife would not back down on power gate lol)
The turbo model was just out of my budget :(
But I really like the responsiveness of the NA engine, and honestly, it's more than adequate for city driving.
The review was nice, I also liked the one savagegeese did.
As for the FWDiness, I assume that extra 145lbs of weight is contributing to it?

they stated that it has a crappy Mazda reverse camera...and stated that thankfully they didn't add a crappy Mazda 360 reverse camera.

I forgot that the Canadian version doesn't have the 360 camera.

Still...I would take a crappy 360 camera than just a reverse crappy camera :D

Ended up with the touring with the optional package(wife would not back down on power gate lol)
The turbo model was just out of my budget :(
But I really like the responsiveness of the NA engine, and honestly, it's more than adequate for city driving.
The review was nice, I also liked the one savagegeese did.
As for the FWDiness, I assume that extra 145lbs of weight is contributing to it?

I agree, Savagegeese is good. Glad to hear you like NA engine as well, I figure SPORT will work for a boost for passing speed on the freeway (80-85 MPH)?

Do you leave all the Tech "Safety" features ON or can you turn OFF and they stay OFF??

I agree, Savagegeese is good. Glad to hear you like NA engine as well, I figure SPORT will work for a boost for passing speed on the freeway (80-85 MPH)?

Do you leave all the Tech "Safety" features ON or can you turn OFF and they stay OFF??

The sport mode only changes the shifting logic of the AT, but I think it will allow it to get to red line.
One thing to not forget is that this car has a full throttle switch at the end of the gas pedal.
You'll feel a notch, and when you go beyond that, you get WOT.

You can turn most of the safety features off, but not sure if they stay off after shutting the engine down.
It's not that obtrusive for normal driving, other than the over-sensitive blind spot monitoring.
I'll turn it off to see if it stays off.

Last edited:
Yeah, I need blind spot monitoring off and stay off, THANKS for checking. I swear it warned me about a car 5 lengths back there, not even close! Yeah I was going fast, but that means I know I just passed him by a lot, no need to tell me how to drive..

Kodo refers to the Mazda design language and 808 must mean you in Hawaii! OAHU? My cousin lived Diamondhead side of town for 10 years, I've probably visited 20 times. :) Never been a Local, but not a tourist anymore.. My wife and I are all 'bout Happy Hours!

Back