Suspension freezes in extreme cold weather

With all the extreme cold weather we have been having, my 2014s suspension has turned into a rock while driving, pounding instead of absorbing bumps! This happens without any snow or ice on the road and does not happen to my other car driven in the same conditions. Once the temperatures are above 30 degrees all is well again. This has been happening since day one and I dont think its the front struts since they were replaced over the summer with no change. Bushings perhaps?

I'm right across the border and even with the -5 temps of a few days ago I don't notice a harsher ride. Try soaking the bushings with silicone spray. Get the kind that doesn't contain any petroleum related ingredients, that's bad for the rubber.

When it's cold,.try pushing down on the car to see which corner is causing the issue. It's.probably a shock or strut getting stuck.

My thoughts exactly: the cold weather is just coincidence. You have some other issue with your suspension. Have a trusted shop at least take a look and give you some advice.

Fronts struts were replaced 6 months ago. Hasn*t been as cold so back to normal.

Fronts struts were replaced 6 months ago. Hasn*t been as cold so back to normal.
Saw such problem only on gen-2 CX-5 due to the use of new liquid bushings. Ours are made of good-old rubber so that shouldnt be the culprit of your harsh ride problem in cold weather. Id suspect struts too but yours has been replaced and the problem continues. What kind of struts are you using? The OEM?

Back