I'm actually grateful for my TOMS not showing me individual tire pressure

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
This is simply annoying as s***. The other one is at 32. Why isn't it "low"? Same in the second picture. Why isn't the other one "low" at 33. At one point 3 tires had the same pressure. Only the front driver's side is "low". Stupid yellow light constantly on.
5239d795698b1becb018967ab1738f60.jpg
c5f18a3d4bd4d826d444b586f887e34c.jpg

Last edited:
It appears that all 4 are low, because it states to inflate to 36. I would put *em up to 38/40. But thats here in summer temps.

Probably the front left reached the threshold of 2psi lower than any other or 32 first, and thus triggered the warning light? One way or another, the system has got your attention hey!

Regardless, they should all be pumped up to at least 36.

What does the manual say?

Where do I find individual tire pressures in my 2018 CX-5?

But to answer your question, it likely highlights the first one that came up low as low.

What I always do is keep the tires 2 psi above the recommended level. That gives you some cushion if the temps drop, improves MPG since it lowers rolling resistance, and improves handling!!

Where do I find individual tire pressures in my 2018 CX-5?

But to answer your question, it likely highlights the first one that came up low as low.

Individual tire pressures are NOT displayed in the '17 -- '19 CX-5.
Since the picture is of a different vehicle display that is unfamiliar to me; my guess about the single "low" warning is similar to the one you offered.

A) The Mazda gets my attention just fine as well. I don't need specifics.
B) Its going up to 45 today. 50 on Monday. There's no way I'm filling these to 36. There were only that low because it was 14.
2016: Cherokee

That is a crap interface but I still want to know the individual pressures. Either is fine to detect a reduction in pressure that occurred slowly. There's a big difference between being at 28 and being at 15 psi. The former I will go about my business until it is convenient to change unless I see it visibly going lower. The latter I will try to take immediate action.

And, of course, all warnings went away when the temps came up.

Cherokee complains at 33, only 3 psi low? Harsh!

Some cars have higher tire pressure on front wheels then rear as required.

But remember the TPMS is still a dumb system - whatever you set the tire pressures too when you train the system or set the baseline, is what it will alert on. You could set all tires to different numbers and make the baseline, and when any one deviates by some built in amount, the alert will occur.

The car doesn't know anything about the sticker on the door. You could make 10psi your baseline all the way around if you wanted too.

EDIT - I should add, that not all are like this, but most TPMS I have run across allow to retrain at whatever pressures you like.

Back