Auto Headlight

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Have a 17 GT and I find the auto headlight/auto interior light sensor overly sensitive. If I am driving away from the sun when it is setting, or at times drive under a bridge, the lights go crazy turning the outside lights on and dimming the interior lights then back to off and interior bright within seconds, and it is very annoying if on a highway with a lot of overpasses and bridges. It is really bad when driving with the sunset behind the vehicle, the outside lights keep going on and off.

I have brought it up to the dealer in the past, but they pretty did not believe me. I have changed the sensitivity to High, and it has helped a bit, but wondering if others have seen the same issues.

Mine does it sometimes, not consistently. I ignore it.

You could set the headlights to "off" during the daytime, and auto at night.

It it bothers you, the dealer should accommodate. It's possible to recalibrate the cameras and sensors that control these functions, so that's what I would ask them to do. Following that, if there's no improvement, it may be something you'd have to live with. At that point, I'd suggest just leaving the low beams on at all times since they do automatically shut off when the car is turned off.

The auto light sensor does have a sensitivity setting. It's in the vehicle settings on the center console head unit. I think I turned mine down one notch from the default and that behavior has been perfect for me.

Latest posts

Back